NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Jan 6, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,026 of 2,741
  I use my Asgard 2 and my HE-500's all the time, it's a first rate experience. 
happy_face1.gif
 Highly recommended.

Agreed, I been enjoying my HE-500 and the Asgard 2 thru my bifrost uber.  The best headphone and amp I ever gotten. Kind of wish I did this from the start and skipped the T90 and little dot MK2.

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #2,027 of 2,741
  I use my Asgard 2 and my HE-500's all the time, it's a first rate experience. 
happy_face1.gif
 Highly recommended.

:

Agreed, I been enjoying my HE-500 and the Asgard 2 thru my bifrost uber.  The best headphone and amp I ever gotten. Kind of wish I did this from the start and skipped the T90 and little dot MK2.

I also happen to feed my Asgard 2 from a Bifrost Uber USB. It's a winning combination. I use my HE-500 and HD600's with this chain and am extremely happy with it.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2,028 of 2,741
  I also happen to feed my Asgard 2 from a Bifrost Uber USB. It's a winning combination. I use my HE-500 and HD600's with this chain and am extremely happy with it.

I've been using my asgard 2 with a xonar dx and loving it, but got tired of the interference that comes from using an internal soundcard, so I ordered one of the new modi 2 ubers. I also have an HE-400i in the mail. I hope I get as much enjoyment from them as you do with the bifrost uber and the HE-500!

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #2,029 of 2,741

I've been using my asgard 2 with a xonar dx and loving it, but got tired of the interference that comes from using an internal soundcard, so I ordered one of the new modi 2 ubers. I also have an HE-400i in the mail. I hope I get as much enjoyment from them as you do with the bifrost uber and the HE-500!

The Modi 2 Uber looks like the deal of the century. If Schiit does as they always do, you should sporting a Schiit eating grin pretty soon.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #2,031 of 2,741
  Even the normal Modi 2 (assuming that Schiit isn't lying about specs) should be completely transparent to the human ears.

I ended up ordering a Modi 2 Uber yesterday to use in another room at home. I'll compare it to my Bifrost Uber USB. At $150 it's hard to resist.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,032 of 2,741
  I ended up ordering a Modi 2 Uber yesterday to use in another room at home. I'll compare it to my Bifrost Uber USB. At $150 it's hard to resist.

I got my Modi 2U yesterday. It seems to be somewhat better than the Modi 1, maybe a 5% increase in sound quality by my reckoning. The aluminum chassis is nice, though there are machining marks on either side on mine. It's hard to see, though.

The thing to get used to is the different looking finish stacked on top of my Wyrd.

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #2,033 of 2,741
hey guys!

I'm new to this thread... 

I recently acquired a Philips Fidelio X2 and although it is fairly easy to drive, I'd like to be able to enjoy the most out of them!

I am considering buying the Asgard 2. It's right on the sweet spot of what I'd like to spend on an amp. A little more juice than the Magni, but not as expensive!
I usally listen my Fidelio X2 through my Meridian Explorer (which I'll use as a DAC for the Asgard 2).

I also have a Unique Melody Mentor, my CIEM. Can any experienced member tell me more how this amp pairs with sensitive IEMs?

Also, any news on a future "Asgard 3"? 

Thank you for your help!

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,034 of 2,741
  I also have a Unique Melody Mentor, my CIEM. Can any experienced member tell me more how this amp pairs with sensitive IEMs?

I'm using my Asgard 2 with SE846 IEMs - that's as sensitive as it gets - without any problems. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #2,035 of 2,741
Though I don't own the Unique Melody Mentor IEM's with the High and Low Gain switch on the back it makes it very easy to match the Asgard 2 with whatever headphone or IEM you're using. I use the A2 with my Westone W40's and Klipsch X10's with zero background noise yet it has no problem at all driving the planar HE-500's as well.
Good luck! 

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #2,036 of 2,741
Is the Asgard 2 still worth a purchase now that the Magni 2 Uber is out?

I was going to pull the trigger on one, but now I feel like holding out for an Asgard 3.

But how would you even improve on the Asgard 2?  It's pretty rock solid from all the impressions I've read this far.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #2,037 of 2,741
  Is the Asgard 2 still worth a purchase now that the Magni 2 Uber is out?

I was going to pull the trigger on one, but now I feel like holding out for an Asgard 3.

But how would you even improve on the Asgard 2?  It's pretty rock solid from all the impressions I've read this far.

Asgard 2 is a superb, extremely versatile amplifier with most simple and pure design (class A) of anything else in Schiit's lineup. If you're a purist like me - you would appreciate that. Admittedly, at this moment, Magni 2 Uber is a better value of two (if you are looking for value first of all). but if you're looking for no compromise performance - get Asgard 2. It also looks ace in stack with Bifrost.

Regarding Asgard 3 - I wouldn't hold my breath, not in 2015 anyway (Jason made it clear).

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #2,038 of 2,741
Never know might change his mind, its the start of 2015 so any thing can happen.

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #2,039 of 2,741
  and if a A3 came out out of no where, i would be mad as i didn't have my A2 that long. like 3 weeks.

According to Jason, there was a lot to improve in Asgard 1. Not so much in Asgard 2, so it's here to stay.. for a while.

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #2,040 of 2,741
I use single-ended IC's so for me it's a fantastic amp. I've mentioned it before, but a fellow music lover/crackpot/audiophile/nutcase buddy brought over his $800 Musical Fidelity headphone amp and we both agreed (using several sets of headphones with music we were both familiar with) that the Asgard 2 sounds better...runs warmer (like Class A should) but to both of us thought it sounded better. The MF is a great amp but in my opinion, the $249 A2 is better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back