New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Dec 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #106 of 402
So does the Clip Zip have better SQ than the Fuze+?  I have a Fuze+ and I thought the SQ was good but since I got my Cowon i10 which also has a way better OS and touch screen I haven't used my Fuze at all.  I'd like to have one I can work out with and the Zip looks like a good option I just want to know if the SQ is better on it or the Clip+.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #107 of 402

Quote:
So does the Clip Zip have better SQ than the Fuze+?  I have a Fuze+ and I thought the SQ was good but since I got my Cowon i10 which also has a way better OS and touch screen I haven't used my Fuze at all.  I'd like to have one I can work out with and the Zip looks like a good option I just want to know if the SQ is better on it or the Clip+.

Without Rockbox, I slightly prefer the sound of the Zip to the Clip+. With Rockbox, they sound the same to me.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #108 of 402
Just got a clip zip and loving it so far. Never had one before so am very impressed. No one should be using iProducts or phones for portable tunes with this around.

Want to rockbox it but see that they say it isn't completely stable yet though its only the more advanced features that are still being worked on. Should i go for it?

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #110 of 402
Dec 26, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #111 of 402
Can someone give me a run through on how? Tried the manual on their website an nothing seemed to work. Also no mention of the Zip in the installer and can't find on their site which version to install.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #112 of 402
Jan 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #114 of 402
It is no IPod but perfectly legible and functional.  I am using the Rockbox FW and loving it.  I found mine on Amazon at a decent price right before Christmas.  You could also look at the classifieds here as I have seen some good deals (on clip+).

Quote:
Is the screen as horrible as it seems on youtube videoes, or is it just the camera?   

I'm considering upgrading my clip+ to this one, where can I get it the cheapest ? :)

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #115 of 402
the clip+ had a very slightly audible hiss when using sensitive iem's (rockboxed) 
does the zip have this?   by no means a deal breaker, just curious.

My clip+ screen doesnt come on anymore unless i hit it a couple times, so i'll be in the market for a zip soon enough.

thanks

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #116 of 402

Quote:
the clip+ had a very slightly audible hiss when using sensitive iem's (rockboxed) 
does the zip have this?   by no means a deal breaker, just curious.

My clip+ screen doesnt come on anymore unless i hit it a couple times, so i'll be in the market for a zip soon enough.

thanks

I'll let you know when I get my ES5 back on Friday. Zip sounds pretty silent with my TF10 especially when compared to my Galaxy S2 but they don't bring the hiss out as much.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #118 of 402
Does anyone know if the Clip Zip is compatible with 32GB microSD cards? I'm assuming it is, but I want to make sure before I purchase the card. Also, what brands of SD cards are you guys using? I was going to purchase a Transcend 32GB class 10 SD card on Amazon.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #119 of 402
Does anyone know if the Clip Zip is compatible with 32GB microSD cards? I'm assuming it is, but I want to make sure before I purchase the card. Also, what brands of SD cards are you guys using? I was going to purchase a Transcend 32GB class 10 SD card on Amazon.

Yes, they are as I use one. IMO, Class 10 is overkill for the player though. I got the Sandisk Class 4 32GB MicroSDHC, and it works fine.

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #120 of 402

Quote:
Yes, they are as I use one. IMO, Class 10 is overkill for the player though. I got the Sandisk Class 4 32GB MicroSDHC, and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply, and yes it probably is overkill upon reading previous posts. The class 4 Sandisk SDHC sounds like a better plan. Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip with a Sandisk microSDHC...makes sense. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back