New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Aug 26, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #31 of 402
I love my Clip + but it doesn't have the alphabetical section for the index, the Zip does. But since my present Clip + is working well,and I'm a cheapskate, I'll have to wait until it wears out then get the                   Sansa Clip Zip +, Which will come with a coffee maker and still clip on your pocket.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #32 of 402
Hey Achmedisdead, I've noticed over at ABI that you're running the battery test for FLAC at the moment. :) My utmost gratitude, thanks for taking that extra mile to test things out on behalf of everyone else.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #33 of 402

Quote:
Hey Achmedisdead, I've noticed over at ABI that you're running the battery test for FLAC at the moment.
smily_headphones1.gif
My utmost gratitude, thanks for taking that extra mile to test things out on behalf of everyone else.

It's holding up better than I expected it might.....so far, at a little over 6 hours elapsed, it was still reading 44% charge remaining. As far as testing, I guess I'm just returning the favor for all those who have done these kinds of things before.
L3000.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #34 of 402

Quote:
It's holding up better than I expected it might.....so far, at a little over 6 hours elapsed, it was still reading 44% charge remaining. As far as testing, I guess I'm just returning the favor for all those who have done these kinds of things before.
L3000.gif

So much for linear battery drain. 5 minutes shy of 7 hours, it shut down with the low battery warning.

Aug 27, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #36 of 402

Quote:
Oh shucks... Just like what happened to the Clip+ eh? So RockBox it shall be!
biggrin.gif
Many thanks once again, Achmedisdead.
smily_headphones1.gif

You're welcome.
L3000.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #37 of 402
This might be of interest to some who have viewed this thread......
L3000.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #41 of 402

Quote:
Is the FM tuner reception any better?

It works, but I never use it....and I never did with the Clip+ either for that matter. So I don't really know if it is improved or not.

Quote:
I know it is highly unlikely but I wonder if you can mode the new Zip to have a LO. I know you couldn't with the Clip+ but they might have changed it...

I highly doubt it. There's a card slot, headphone-out, and the micro-USB port for the cable, and that's it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #42 of 402
What I mean is you may be able change the signal path to bypass the amp straight into the HO, making it a LO. I also think it is unlikely but it is something that should be (re)confirmed.

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #43 of 402

Great news on RB Achmed...

Thanks

Quote:
I know it is highly unlikely but I wonder if you can mod the new Zip to have a LO. I know you couldn't with the Clip+ but they might have changed it...

For a long time I read about lineout on Clip+.  So many different opinions on having a lineout or not.  One of those was if volume is at -0db (R'boxed) it becomes a true lineout.  Well, it did not hurt to try so I gave it a whirl and I was surprised.  With other DAPs if you connect via headphone out vs. LOD, the drop in SQ becomes very evident, especially with iPods.  The Clip+ did not lose any oomph in this fashion and on the test, my A5s volume did not have to be adjusted.  Now, is it a true LO?  Probably not, however, it was sounding good indeed with nothing lacking across the spectrum. 

I usually use the Clip+ with iems anyway, but it was a test that did not hurt to try after everything I had read on it and every now and again I plug it in...
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #44 of 402
Why would you lose oomph?  All you are doing is getting the full effect of the amp section which a LO is supposed to bypass.  It has nothing to do w/ oomph or FR shifts.  It's about providing a clean and clear signal preserving as much original resolution as possible.  You're just bypassing the attenuation.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #45 of 402
I ordered the 8GB version from SanDisk's site last night. Also picked up a 32GB class 10 micro sd card today - less expensive than I thought it would be, at $60. I've never tried the original Clip due to its non-support of AAC files (natively at least) so I won't be able to compare it to that, but I'll post some impressions when it comes in, which should be this week. I'm pumped at having my whole music collection on hand in such a little player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back