New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Aug 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #16 of 402

Quote:

Thanks Achmed..When I posted earlier, nothing......Ordered through Amazon now...Had some reward points to use, so good times.....Purple of course...lol...4GB...My Clip+ is 8GB, so don't need bigger......For 80gb, I just use my iPods 5G...

Thanks again...
beerchug.gif

My pleasure!
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 402
Didn't the Amazon site say it wasn't out for 1 to 2 months?  It's in stock from Sansa's site. 

And I hope it sounds a little fuller.  I personally think the Fuze+ makes the Clip+ sound a little thin and narrow.  I will most definitely get this new one though.  I like my Clip+.   I think it is feature loaded!!

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 402
I wonder how's the battery life.  Doesn't LCD use more juice than Clip+'s OLED?

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 402

Quote:
Didn't the Amazon site say it wasn't out for 1 to 2 months?  It's in stock from Sansa's site. 

And I hope it sounds a little fuller.  I personally think the Fuze+ makes the Clip+ sound a little thin and narrow.  I will most definitely get this new one though.  I like my Clip+.   I think it is feature loaded!!

The 1-2 months was for an 8gb (blk or grey) iirc.  ANTOnline is filling the orders on Amazon.  There was 1 red 4gb left, but all the other colors were available about an hour ago.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #20 of 402

Quote:

I never did hear a Fuze+. I already had two players with touchpad controls like that, and I couldn't bring myself to buy another. Glad to hear it sounds good though.
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #21 of 402
Time for someone to run some measurement comparisons to the old one.  Graphs and tables or it didn't happen.

Quote:
I personally think the Fuze+ makes the Clip+ sound a little thin and narrow. 

Ditto.  I'd like to see if the power output is the same.  Should be.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 402

Quote:
Time for someone to run some measurement comparisons to the old one.  Graphs and tables or it didn't happen.

Ditto.  I'd like to see if the power output is the same.  Should be.

Actually, the Fuze+ has different internals than the Clip+ or Clip Zip....so it is entirely possible that it might sound different.

Aug 25, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #26 of 402
Gah. Are they gonna discontinue the Clip+? I hope not... But I am loving the full white Clip Zip. Looking forward to seeing some impressions soon, especially battery life! :) The improvement of battery life on the Clip+ after RB-ed is steering me to buying one soon.

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #27 of 402
The orange one does look cool.. and if I didn't already have a Clip+ I might get this.

But imho tiny screens like this only work if they're high resolution like the iPod Nano's 240 x 240.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #28 of 402

Quote:
Gah. Are they gonna discontinue the Clip+? I hope not... But I am loving the full white Clip Zip. Looking forward to seeing some impressions soon, especially battery life!
smily_headphones1.gif
The improvement of battery life on the Clip+ after RB-ed is steering me to buying one soon.

I just completed a battery rundown. Conditions were as such.....internal memory plus a 1GB microSD card, shuffle all, ReplayGain engaged with no pregain added, all files LAME MP3, of varying bitrates but averaging 248kbps overall, volume about two-thirds into headphones overnight and boombox aux-in jack after I woke up, brightness and backlight set at minimum, and EQ was set at Normal.

It takes a few clicks to get to the info screen where you see the battery percentage, as opposed to the icon on the main screen. This was done 6 or 7 times. All told, player shut down due to low battery warning exactly at the 12 hour mark.

So it's lower than a Rockboxed Clip+ (no surprise there). My Clip+ is old enough now that a comparison of its battery life using the OF probably would be unfair to it.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 402
Thanks for the update Achmedisdead. :) I've read over at ABI that different cards do offer different power consumption, with the newer microSDHCs consuming lower power, so probably that can help bump up the Clip Zip's playback time.

Achmedisdead, if it is not too much to ask, during your free time can you try it out with FLAC for us pretty please? Thanks in advance ya. I have a slight suspicion it might not last as long with FLAC, but hey if it does it'll be great. :D

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #30 of 402

Quote:
Thanks for the update Achmedisdead.
smily_headphones1.gif
I've read over at ABI that different cards do offer different power consumption, with the newer microSDHCs consuming lower power, so probably that can help bump up the Clip Zip's playback time.

Achmedisdead, if it is not too much to ask, during your free time can you try it out with FLAC for us pretty please? Thanks in advance ya. I have a slight suspicion it might not last as long with FLAC, but hey if it does it'll be great.
biggrin.gif

I would just about guarantee that the battery life will be diminished with FLAC. If I think of it tomorrow, I might give it a shot.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back