New Rudistor NX-03 (solid state)
May 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #46 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Honestly it makes no sense for me to keep on arguing.

CannaeChangeTheLawsOfPhysics.jpg

May 16, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #47 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Change the bandwidth or input impedance or both and the possible SNR will vary accordingly.

ALMOST RIGHT,
I was waiting for this, guys. ( yes old teacher !!).

The figures given by the online calculator used by one of you ( sorry i don't remember who ) are good for theoretic telecommunications and considering a wide band amplifier without any filtering. ( a band-with filter increase
the level )

On audio test performing you must filter the band ( there are some buttons on the Audio Test Set to do it accordingly to the IEEE and other standards !!!)
We used a 20Khz band-with, that is a standard. Other use a "A weighted" filter and so on ( not bad if you think that humans have not yet decided if measure distance in km or miles...or naval miles ..)
Other standards and related filters are used for telecommunication, voice, or data.

Headphone applied at the output of the amplifier, can be considered as a filter ( as well as human hear for some other aspects ) and measures in order to be something real ( and not only theoretic numbers) must be done in accordance to it.
Since we do not design figures but real amplifiers, we make our measures assuming as output is used an headphone and not an online calculator.

BTW
We are not interested in impress people with numbers, but with sound.

Rudi Stor
RudiStor Sound Systems

May 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #48 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by rudi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALMOST RIGHT,
I was waiting for this, guys, ( yes old teacher !!).

The figures given by the online calculator used by one of you ( sorry i don't remember who ) are good for theoretic telecommunications and considering a wide band amplifier without any filtering. ( a band-with filter increase
the level )

On audio test performing you must filter the band ( there are some buttons on the Audio Test Set to do it accordingly to the IEEE and other standards !!!)
We used a 20Khz band-with, that is a standard. Other use a "A weighted" filter and so on ( not bad if you think that humans have not yet decided if measure distance in km or miles...or naval miles ..)
Other standards and related filters are used for telecommunication, voice, or data.

Headphone applied at the output of the amplifier, can be considered as a filter ( as well as human hear for some other aspects ) and measures in order to be something real ( and not only theoretic numbers) must be done in accordance to it.
Since we do not design figures but real amplifiers, we make our measures assuming as output is used an headphone and not an online calculator.

BTW

Rudi Stor
RudiStor Sound Systems

Is is not the general practice to state the weighting when doing this? It's interesting because a lot of audiophile publications and other manufacturer list the unweighted number as well as the weighted if they are reporting something.... Misleading as far as I'm concerned,

(I'm a former teacher too...)

May 16, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #49 of 111
Quote:

ALMOST RIGHT,
I was waiting for this guys, ( yes old teacher !!).

The figures given by the online calculator used by one of you ( sorry i don't remember who ) are good for theoretic telecommunications considering
a wide band amplifier without any filtering. ( a band-with filer increase
the level )

We used a 20Khz band-with, that is a standard. Other use a "A weighted"
filter and so on ( not bad if you think that humans have not yet decided if measure distance in km or miles...or naval miles ..)

Headphone applied at the output of the amplifier can be considered as a filter ( as well as human hear ) and measures must be done in accordance to it in order to be something real and not only theoretic numbers.

BTW

Rudi Stor
RudiStor Sound Systems

The claims here keep getting more and more absurd. How would you know someone used an online calculator? Like people have stated, Johnson noise and the physics involving this noise has been understood for decades.

Now for relevance, how did you come up with your measurements? Could we see the actual formula you used for your calculations? Because you have proved nothing with your response. The measurements you claim appear to be weighted by your methods at the headphone output. If we know your methods then we can compare your amps to other amplifiers using the same math and see how they actually compare.

Finally, if you are interested in impressing people with the sound why do you claim what appears to be impossible specifications? Why worry about the specifications at all? Why not just use the typical standard other amp manufacturers use?
confused.gif

May 16, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #50 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is is not the general practice to state the weighting when doing this? It's interesting because a lot of audiophile publications and other manufacturer list the number as well as the weighted if they are reporting something.... Misleading as far as I'm concerned,

(I'm a former teacher too...)

20Khz is a IEEE standard for Hifi, if you are using a dedicated audio test set it is implicit and almost automated , if you use different weighting ( A B C custom ) you must declare.
There are no unweighted measures , but there are many unconscious measurer! And even many more not-measurer at all!!.

I can't stay on the forum, I'm a manufacturer, it's not correct since in a way or other I advertise my brand.
I have only posted an official answer, that is based on fact, but I'm conscious that everybody will keep his opinion and position as normally happen in this kind of thread.

For any question or contribution email to me please. (email no pm )

Rudi

May 16, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #51 of 111
Quote:

20Khz is a IEEE standard for Hifi, if you are using a dedicated audio test set it is implicit and almost automated , if you use different weighting ( A B C custom ) you must declare.
There are no unweighted measures , but there are many unconscious measurer! And even many more not-measurer at all!!.

I can't stay on the forum, I'm a manufacturer, it's not correct since in a way or other I advertise my brand.
I have only posted an official answer, that is based on fact, but I'm conscious that everybody will keep his opinion and position as normally happen in this kind of thread.

For any question or contribution email to me please. (email no pm )

Rudi

You respond .... but never answer the question. You say you posted an official answer based on facts. But, you give no facts.
confused.gif

May 17, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #52 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You respond .... but never answer the question. You say you posted an official answer based on facts. But, you give no facts.
confused.gif

To Rudi and Sovkiller:

Sadly, I have to agree with sacd lover.

A lot of words, but no straight talk.

Very disappointing.
frown.gif

USG

May 17, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #54 of 111
"I recently heard both a tweaked Ear+ HD with even more upgrades to the standard HD design and also a completely modified version.* Both were built by Mark Norman (Voodoochile on Head-Fi) and both were very impressive.* The "normal" version is exceptionally smooth yet detailed and sounded very good with both Grados and Senns.* But the modified version simply blew it away.* It runs a power supply of Mark's own design as well as a few other tweaks."

"I'd agree with Nate that Mark's amp is simply amazing.* It seems to be able to do the impossible by combining traits you wouldn't expect to hear together.* The bass has great impact and extension, yet there's plenty of detail there as well.* Liquid mids with great texture when needed.* And the highs had the best blend of smooth and detailed I've heard to date.* It really did everything well, and didn't impose itself on the music.* It just seemed to do exacty what was needed for the piece of music at the time, and it sounded great with Senns and Grados."

Does anyone kn ow if he will make one to order???

May 17, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #55 of 111
Quote:

Rudi

That's a good one, especially as a Rudistor reseller offered amplifiers at a special price earlier in this thread (now removed by a moderator because of improper advertising).

PS. Sovkiller sent a PM and was very upset by this post. For clarification, it wasn't Sovkiller, it was another seller who offered amps new in the box at reduced price.

May 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #56 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a good one, especially as a Rudistor reseller offered amplifiers at a special price earlier in this thread (now removed by a moderator because of improper advertising).

Yeah, but that's not exactly Rudi's fault (unless you are imkplying that Rudi had them do it). As to the question at hand I have no knowledge and no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong so it will have to come down to who I trust the most.

May 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #57 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but that's not exactly Rudi's fault (unless you are imkplying that Rudi had them do it). As to the question at hand I have no knowledge and no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong so it will have to come down to who I trust the most.

Hi nc

I see you have a RudiStor RPX-100. Do you have a photo of your rig, especially the back, where the inputs are?

Cheers

USG

May 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #60 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just like a regular amp then....

Thanks PFK
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehehe, it all depends on what you take as "regular"
wink.gif

Just kidding, the RPX-100 is just an analogue headphone amp / preamp with single end and balanced inputs, single end and balanced outputs as a preamp and as a headphone amp too. This makes it very verstatile to use any analogue source and any power amp or cans you might like to try.

Rgrds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back