New Rudistor NX-03 (solid state)
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #108 of 111
Well, I still have my original RPX-33, customized a little bit, black velvet pot, custom case, etc...basically same topology. And I recently got the Massdrop Fostex headphones, after all these fuss in head-fi, and specially the review by Jude, and following the recommendation of markl, which I somewhat trust, (as the R-10 was a common denominator as the reference headphone for both for long time). And I got all of them, the three models, and honestly I sold my Editions 9, and probably the rest....there is absolutely nothing that I will look for in headphones anymore, those headphones simply rock....

Now about the mods, sorry guys, but I'm still wondering why the hell people need to modify a wonderful sounding headphone, and get into something, that unless they have heard the modded ones, may or not improve the sound to your liking. 

Not sure what people need to improve on the R-10, or these Fostex?...Honestly I'm very happy with them the way they sound.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #109 of 111
duplicated, sorry delete

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #110 of 111
I'll also just throw out there that there's a Chinese clone of this amp available on eBay, they'll take $100 offers. I've got that one, and it's very good, so if you're interested in trying it but don't want to spend the full price, I'd recommend that. It's called the Zerozone NX-03 (I have the Gold version which just has fewer knock-off components).

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #111 of 111
I'll also just throw out there that there's a Chinese clone of this amp available on eBay, they'll take $100 offers. I've got that one, and it's very good, so if you're interested in trying it but don't want to spend the full price, I'd recommend that. It's called the Zerozone NX-03 (I have the Gold version which just has fewer knock-off components).

Well the NX-33 is a OP based amp, not a complete discrete design. Nothing wrong on that but I do prefer the sound of the RPX-33, which they may also offer as clone, who knows....
I asked Rudi some time ago, and he is really frustrated with those Chinese sellers, and their clones. You close one site and they build another....the funny thing is they copied the board even with the name of the amp on it, at least have the decency of offering it as a clone, and do not use the name of the original manufacturer.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back