New Rudistor NX-03 (solid state)
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #91 of 111
Sooooo... that means there WILL be reviews!
wohoo

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #94 of 111
I emailed Rudistor to ask of the quality of single ended (unbalanced) output of the NX-03 versus NX33. Here is their reply:

"although not 100% that same the SE output of NX-33 can be considered form sonic point of view and output level the equivalent of NX03."

That actually concerns me a little, as I read in the 6moons review of the NX33 and also from these forums that the single ended output of the NX33 left much to be desired as compared to the balanced.

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #95 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Rudistor to ask of the quality of single ended (unbalanced) output of the NX-03 versus NX33. Here is their reply:

"although not 100% that same the SE output of NX-33 can be considered form sonic point of view and output level the equivalent of NX03."

That actually concerns me a little, as I read in the 6moons review of the NX33 and also from these forums that the single ended output of the NX33 left much to be desired as compared to the balanced.

The single ended of the NX33 actually is indeed very similar sound wise (to my ears at least) to the NX03, and if the headphone of choice is not one of those that offers noticeable different performance in single ended and balanced operation, that difference will not be that much. But what is true is that the HD650/600 (the usual headphone that our members use to pair with it) do have a big difference in performance while it is driven in single ended or in balanced mode, that is why the performance of the two paired together, is different in the two modes...

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #96 of 111
I've always wanted a Rudistor but $1500 for the RPX-33 is to much to stomach atm. For $800 for the NX-03 be a good buy or could I get more for my money in the $800 price bracket?

My source will be a PC (X-Fi) > Paradisea+

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #100 of 111
NX03 is a superb headphone amp at the price. I have heard it and am extremely happy with it. It is a versatile amp, capable of driving AKG, Beyer, ATH, Sennheiser headphones all very well. Though a bit bass shy, it has silky mid and highs, and is very musical.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #101 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NX03 is a superb headphone amp at the price. I have heard it and am extremely happy with it. It is a versatile amp, capable of driving AKG, Beyer, ATH, Sennheiser headphones all very well. Though a bit bass shy, it has silky mid and highs, and is very musical.

The NX03 is not a bass shy amp, it is indeed flat along the whole spectrum, the BB chips it uses are not known for been bass shy, and the buffer is high current discrete. None of the Rudi amps I have heard are bass shy till now, not even the portable, they indeed do the bass very accurate...Now if you feel it bass shy, what you are hearing is either the source, or maybe you are comparing it to an amp that somewhat accentuate the bass region...

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #102 of 111
I have the Rudistor Nx-02 which is basically the NX-03 but geared more
towards low impedance cans. My Edition 9's sound sublime with the NX-02
and the bass delivered by this amp is the best I've heard yet.

I've had amps with more impact - Graham Slee modded my Solo to create
a bass monster switchable between stock and modded sound but the NX-02
has the most natural (and impactful) sound I've experienced so far - I've
owned alot of amps
smily_headphones1.gif

I've looked for an upgrade but each time I've arrived back at the Rudistor
camp and I can't afford the next in line just yet
wink.gif

Cheers
Mike

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #103 of 111
When I say NX03 is a little bass shy, I mean it literally. A LITTLE. I used to own an RPX33, and I think the biggest difference between an RPX33 and an NX03 is in the bass and dynamics. I am not saying NX03's bass is not good, it is good, but it is the only weakness I see in NX03 (if I have to point out a weakness).

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #104 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I say NX03 is a little bass shy, I mean it literally. A LITTLE. I used to own an RPX33, and I think the biggest difference between an RPX33 and an NX03 is in the bass and dynamics. I am not saying NX03's bass is not good, it is good, but it is the only weakness I see in NX03 (if I have to point out a weakness).

If it is in comparison to the RPX-33, I 100% agree. Between us, that is the main reason I have not looked to any other amp after it, I have found my sound with it.
But hey, they are in two completelly different leagues and price points, also the soundstage is somewhat different as well, and on the details and separation of intruments, the RPX33 is like more spacious in comparison to the NX03...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back