***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Aug 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 258
Hey y'all, 
smile.gif

I received a nice invitation today from RHA to check out their latest IEM at IFA 2014 this year.  Check it out:

It's going to be called the T10i.  Following their naming convention, the "i" is probably for the iOS-control version... so presumably there may be a T10 without the controls.

I know it's hard to see from the pic above - due in part to my crap phone, but also because the invite card is dark and vague - but I can glean some details right away.  It appears to be an over-ear design, using a goosenecked cable guide that meets the earpiece in a plastic or rubberized strain relief.  The shell seems to be metal, an "unfinished" metal.  And behind that "vortex" nozzle aperture, there is a steel mesh grille.

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited about these.  I've been tracking RHA for years now, and their IEMs just keep getting better and better and better (I'm with you on this one Tyll). 
smile.gif
  If that trend of progression holds true, we might be looking at a balanced and detailed IEM at a very reasonable price.

Unfortunately, there are no review units available at the moment, but I'll be trying to get an audition as soon as one is available.  If anyone here is going to IFA this year, and has a chance to check them out, please post some impressions here.  In the meantime, I'll try to find out whatever I can and posting it here.

The announcement is out!  http://www.head-fi.org/t/732332/introducing-the-t10i-an-all-new-iem-from-rha 
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 258
Really liked the MA750 so looking forward to these! Any idea on the price point on the new model?

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #13 of 258
  I hope to be able to give you guys the unboxing/first look

Let's race! 
wink.gif

Hope they're like MA 750 with faster bass and more mid presence :smile:.

+ 1

That, and as long as we're making a wishlist, I wouldn't mind a bit more air and openness way up top.

Really liked the MA750 so looking forward to these! Any idea on the price point on the new model?

Unfortunately no... I've requested whatever information they can release, whenever they can release it.

Quick question for y'all... assuming they made all the sonic improvements we listed above, have a metal build with plenty of accessories, and of course backed it with their warranty and customer service... what would y'all pay for it?

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #14 of 258
  Quick question for y'all... assuming they made all the sonic improvements we listed above, have a metal build with plenty of accessories, and of course backed it with their warranty and customer service... what would y'all pay for it?

^
Welp it all boils down to how sexcee they look.
evil_smiley.gif

But for a RHA, i would say $150 tops. :  )

Unless it is true game changer then.....
$200 - $250 tops.

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #15 of 258
This is great news! I'm a big fan of the 750i's, I think they're an absolute steal at their asking price, so something new that raises the bar is very intriguing.

Quote:

That would depend on how far the bar gets raised. If it's a minor improvement over the 750i's then probably $200 - 250 would make sense. Honestly though I'm hoping it's not just minor improvements, I'd love to see what they could do without budget in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back