New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #151 of 542
@MacedonianHero: good stuff! I appreciate (and agree) with your M500 impressions, so the fact that you like the MA750's bodes well for them imo!

@Ericp10: the MA750's seem to be rising to the top of my list. Basically everyone seems to like them quite a bit (and no potential fit issues like with the M200's). Hmmm!

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #152 of 542
Subscribed.

The MA750i came into my radar recently when researching for possible Christmas/birthday present for myself. I've put off purchasing any more headphones since I got the GR07BE (latest favorite) a couple of months ago to save some money and enjoy my other recent purchases (Audeo PFE 132, Sony XBA-4iP, VSD1, UE6000, are the noteworthy ones).

Along with this thread and udauda/Rin's review, I cannot find any other sources for impressions. They look well built and the FR curve looks nice.

Can someone compare the MA750 to the GR07BE sourced through an iPhone 4S or iPad touch 5th gen?

I am also considering the new Sony XBA-H1 BA/Dynamic hybrid that coming out later this month.

Thanks

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #153 of 542
  Along with this thread and udauda/Rin's review, I cannot find any other sources for impressions. They look well built and the FR curve looks nice.

You should be able to find more impressions about them in the discovery thread.

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #155 of 542

Thanks for that info. Now to do some reading...

DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP!!!
deadhorse.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #157 of 542
^ He he gotcha! Might as well add the Onkyo's and Dunu's to your list while you're at it :)

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #158 of 542
^ He he gotcha! Might as well add the Onkyo's and Dunu's to your list while you're at it :)

Wayne, oh you're good. I see your posts nudging others to buy.
devil_face.gif
Dunu's DN1K added to my wishlist too.

I try not to bite unless there's a good sale (PFE 132 clearance, GR07 clearance and V-Moda M-80 being the biggest steals). That's why the deals thread is my best friend/worst nightmare.

camelcamelcamel also got my back with price watches.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #159 of 542
I just managed to order a pair of MA750i's from Amazon.com, cost a little bit extra to ship to Canada but I wanted to get a pair before the end of October.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #161 of 542
  Hmm, not enough hype being generated in here despite everyone loving these, whats up people? Should I buy these :p

Nah, skip them. Buy anything Monoprice instead. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #163 of 542
Oct 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #164 of 542
  So I got a pair of the MA750s (for my daughter as it turns out). But I did have them for the past few weeks and used them for about 30 minutes at a time...about the max I can with IEMs actually and I gotta say I am VERY impressed with them. Their construction is S-O-L-I-D! I love the stainless steel and the cable is very sturdy. I guess my only gripe is the plug is a bit too wide to fit in my iPhone case, so I have to pull it back to get it fully in. My favourite plug is on the Sennheiser Momentum...something other manufacturers should look at IMO.

Now moving on to how does it sound? Well, first off, it certainly doesn't sound like a $130 IEM. In fact, it punches much higher than its weight class. I prefer this to the Westone 3s, SE315s, IE8s that I previously owned. The overall sound signature is quite balanced with very good hitting bass, and treble that is very well extended (see Shure....extended treble can be done with an IEM 
wink.gif
). The mids are solid and very clean and transparent. 

Isolation is on the average side compared to Shure IEMs, but still not bad at all. Overall for $129, these are a no-brainer IMO.  I'm not a fan of the higher and higher prices of IEMs lately and only to have them sound VERY marginally better (if at all). Heck, I've lost many over the years and was paranoid on taking my SE535s and W4s out of the house....I'm very happy to see that companies like RHA have developed affordable IEMs, like the MA750s, that one doesn't have to sacrifice sound quality for an ever increasing price. 

I completely agree. I've been comparing them to iems in my collection that cost alot more and the law of diminishing returns has never been so apparent to me. It has a sound signature that I really like and I hope many other headfiers will get an opportunity to try them out. Such outstanding value...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back