New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #106 of 542
Just got an update from Audio Trends Australia, the MA750 is due for shipment from the supplier in 4 weeks. I'm still waiting for their response on my price inquiry.

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #107 of 542
I am surprised things are available in Portugal everywhere even at apple resellers. Guess today was a good day.
etysmile.gif

Btw still waiting for a pic of them wore.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #108 of 542
Some observations on the Ma750

I've had the Ma 750 for a week now and so far I'm very impressed. I'm listening to them out of a Clip with Rockbox, Pc at work or my Samsung S4. I'm enjoying them so much my Merlins haven't had a look in since I bought them! 

For £89 I think they offer really good value, they come with a load of different tips, including a couple of memory foams. The build quality is robust to say the least and I think they sound great. Unfortunately I lack the audiophile language to accurately describe the sound, but I'm finding they seem good all rounders with nice bass, good detail and a pretty large soundstage. They also isolate fairly well - I've used them on the London Underground and apart from moments between songs I can't hear the drone of the train.

A couple of downsides, the remote doesn't work properly on anything apart from iProducts. On my S4 I can pause and restart tracks but thats it. You could probably get an app to program the button to skip tracks but the volume controls don't work at all. I actual find the cable a bit long, its not too big a problem but I've gotten a bit tangled a few times. I'm also not keen on the fit of the included memory foams.

All in all I'm very happy with them, good value, good sound and a 3 year warranty to boot.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #109 of 542

I've had the Ma 750 for a week now and so far I'm very impressed. I'm listening to them out of a Clip with Rockbox, Pc at work or my Samsung S4. I'm enjoying them so much my Merlins haven't had a look in since I bought them! 

For £89 I think they offer really good value, they come with a load of different tips, including a couple of memory foams. The build quality is robust to say the least and I think they sound great. Unfortunately I lack the audiophile language to accurately describe the sound, but I'm finding they seem good all rounders with nice bass, good detail and a pretty large soundstage. They also isolate fairly well - I've used them on the London Underground and apart from moments between songs I can't hear the drone of the train.

A couple of downsides, the remote doesn't work properly on anything apart from iProducts. On my S4 I can pause and restart tracks but thats it. You could probably get an app to program the button to skip tracks but the volume controls don't work at all. I actual find the cable a bit long, its not too big a problem but I've gotten a bit tangled a few times. I'm also not keen on the fit of the included memory foams.

All in all I'm very happy with them, good value, good sound and a 3 year warranty to boot.

I think that is why it's called MA750i. The remote was made specifically for Apple products. I have remotes on other earphones that aren't made for Apple products and only work well on droid phones. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #112 of 542

Do you find the ma750 are a good upgrade from your yamaha eph 100's?

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #113 of 542
Most definitely prefer these to the Yamaha's. When I had those I thought they were great at the £100 price point, to me they were far more suited to my taste than X10s I had that were over twice the price. These 750s are not only cheaper than the Yamaha's but to me they are actually a leap forward in quality as well.

I'm on something of a modern Prog binge at the moment and I'm really enjoying the 750s clarity and soundstage. At first I found the bass a bit too powerful but I've either got used to it or its settled down with some hours.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #117 of 542
   Quote:
  Yeah, I'll let you know what happens if I get a replacement. I hope it isn't a recurring problem. Not a big fan of the crinkling noise.

Thanks! 

I don't know if I lucked out but my pair has no driver flex at all..Of course as I type this while trying out different tips the large double tips just rips completely in half. Nice..

Be careful putting on the double flange tips if you want to use them. They are paper thin and have about the same strength evidently.

Ooh, bad bit of luck there on the ripped tip.  Was the double flange the best pairing for you?  If so, ouch!

Just got the MA600. I'm going to let them burn in for a day and give some impressions.  They do have a bassy tone on first listen for sure. But the midbass hump isn't overwhelming like other models known for their midbass submerging the rest of the spectrum.  These might be great for those looking for a warm signature that doesn't murder the mids.  We'll see after some burn in how they perform. 

I'd definitely be interested in comparing impressions with you on that.  For me, the jury is still out on that one.

It's disappointing... Apple Store Australia only sells the M600 
mad.gif

Same with Canada and Amazon won't ship them to Canada either, it's rather disappointing.

I sent an inquiry to RHA asking where I might be able to get them in Canada but haven't received a reply as yet.

I'm from Canada and had the same issue. I logged into amazon.co.uk and was able to get them shipped to Canada but with no tracking.

You must have got lucky, I just tried and this is what I get "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination." Thanks for the info though, maybe if I'd got to it earlier it would have worked.

The quest continues.

Just FYI, I brought this to RHA's attention the other day.  They said that they are ACTIVELY working on getting these into Canada and Australian distributors' hands as soon as possible.  They also confirmed that AmazonUK will ship to CA and AUS, albeit at a greater cost.

Anyone have a picture of how they look on the ear?

Originally Posted by n0str3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw still waiting for a pic of them wore.

Nope! 
biggrin.gif
  The side of MY head would make you guys not want to try these...

Most definitely prefer these to the Yamaha's. When I had those I thought they were great at the £100 price point, to me they were far more suited to my taste than X10s I had that were over twice the price. These 750s are not only cheaper than the Yamaha's but to me they are actually a leap forward in quality as well.

I'm on something of a modern Prog binge at the moment and I'm really enjoying the 750s clarity and soundstage. At first I found the bass a bit too powerful but I've either got used to it or its settled down with some hours.

Thanks for the impressions Aund! 
smile.gif
  Seems like everyone is enjoying these so far.  I still think the bass could be toned down a bit, but hey that's just me.  Still a very enjoyable listen though!

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #118 of 542

Ya I liked the double flange the best and the large ones at that. I am a big fan of Isabel at RHA. I showed her this pic and she is going to send me some replacements..She is good people. I think for the most part the majority of the tips are top quality. My other tip was thicker but this one was unnaturally thinner. It could be an isolated problem. There are so many other tips to choose from it is a non issue really.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #119 of 542
  Ya I liked the double flange the best and the large ones at that. I am a big fan of Isabel at RHA. I showed her this pic and she is going to send me some replacements..She is good people. I think for the most part the majority of the tips are top quality. My other tip was thicker but this one was unnaturally thinner. It could be an isolated problem. There are so many other tips to choose from it is a non issue really.

Yup!  Agreed, Isabel is world-class at problem solving.  She sent jgray91 new tips as well when he ripped the ones on his MA350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back