New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Sep 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #76 of 542
I bought the MA750 (without mic/remote) after reading about it here. Like warrenpchi, I am experiencing driver flex. There is a crinkling sound on both sides when I insert them in my ears. I contacted RHA about it. I'll have to wait and see what they have to say. They do sound great though from the few minutes I used them. The driver flex is the only downside so far.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #77 of 542
All I can say in the first 10 minutes, sf >>>>> ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! You know, I'm kind of happy and mad at the same time after hearing a slew of the low-tier and mid-tier earphones that have come out this year. Happy about the value for the money spent, but mad because of some of these earphones surpass in sound quality so-called top tiers I've spent hundreds of dollars for no more than four years ago. This earphone sounds incredible out of the box. So it and the S2 cost nearly the same price now. To my ears, right now, it has a fuller sound than the S2 (and the S2 is a pretty full sounding earphone). DannyBai I think stated that the S2 is the more neutral of the two. I would agree with that. The MA750i has a richer more refined bass clearly. I have to A/B to get a feel on the treble. S2 may be a bit more spacious (since it is an open earphone), but I think the notes are a bit thicker in the RHA. Both have outstanding clarity for dynamics (but dynamics have jumped that clarity hurdle about a couple of years ago now). The whole sound signature is more refined in the RHA compared to the Fidelio (which has a nice refined too). RHA hands down seems to have the better build quality. Mids are not recessed at all.  Gorgeous sound that expect to come out even more with burn-in. 

Oh, is the bass on par with the M200? Nope. Not at this point to my ears, but it's closer to that level than anything else I can think of that I have in a mid-tier/lower top-tier. I still think the M200 edges it in the mid-tier/almost top tier earphones I own (or have owned). It beats the H-200 handily (yes I typed that). Beautiful full sound. The only universals earphones I have heard that I would say are clearly ahead of the MA750i are the M200 (not by a large margin though), the ASG-2 (quite far above), and my mighty Cardas EM 5813 (which is a top tier that is just like in its own space to my ears right now). Bravo and well done RHA! Oh wow! Great instrument separation! I will be disappointed if the DN-1K can't beat this, but at this point I don't know it can be much better. Then again, it's all in the tuning.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #78 of 542
  I love the RE-400's but the cable noise with them has been driving me nuts. I'd like to find something for on the go use that's, in a similar price category and out of the same vein sonically with a somewhat laid back treble, decent mids and maybe even a bit more punchy bass. It sounds like the MA750i might be a contender but I haven't had any luck finding it anywhere in Canada as yet.

Hmm, it could be a contender based on what you're describing.  But I do want to point out - and I think Ultrazino would back me up on this - the RE-400's signature is significantly different from the MA750.  I would say that the MA750 has got much more of a pronounced LF response, while the RE-400 is noticeably more even and linear from the mids on through the highs.  I like them both, but they are different is all I'm saying. 
smile.gif

Not much cable noise If you wear them over the ears.

True dat. 
smile.gif

Well, that's not exactly what he said, but some of that makes a lot of sense to me.

Not what I meant to say, anyway. 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

All in all, the price is very competitive and I don't think this would have been possible a few years ago. We would be probably looking at an MSRP similar to HJE900 or Klipsch X1.

Yeah, in fact I'm still amazed that they can offer it at the $129 price point.  Stainless steel, and more importantly the fabrication processes involved, aren't exactly cheap.  How do they do that? 
blink.gif

My MA750 finally came in today. The packaging is wonderful. I'll give some first-impressions a little later. I have big expectations

You're going to sit up all night comparing IEMs aren't you? 
wink.gif

I bought the MA750 (without mic/remote) after reading about it here. Like warrenpchi, I am experiencing driver flex. There is a crinkling sound on both sides when I insert them in my ears. I contacted RHA about it. I'll have to wait and see what they have to say. They do sound great though from the few minutes I used them. The driver flex is the only downside so far.

Okay, not just me then!  Thanks earplug. 
smile.gif

Just to be clear guys, I don't necessarily consider driver flex to be an automatic flaw, especially since I've never had a pair of IEMs fail on me due to a thinner and stiffer diaphragm.  Still, I thought it'd be worth noting for those who have.

All I can say in the first 10 minutes, sf >>>>> ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

LOL! 
biggrin.gif
  Oh no, no, hype is bad! 
eek.gif

tongue.gif

You know, I'm kind of happy and mad at the same time after hearing a slew of the low-tier and mid-tier earphones that have come out this year. Happy about the value for the money spent, but mad because of some of these earphones surpass in sound quality so-called top tiers I've spent hundreds of dollars for no more than four years ago.

I know exactly what you mean!  That's kind of what I went through when I first heard them, and thought of my UE900.  I'm not comparing them in any way, at least not right now, but it's shocking how good a performer and how good a value something can be.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #80 of 542
How is the isolation on the MA750?

For me, above average.  But please keep in mind that RHA's tips have traditionally worked out very well for me in terms of both fit and isolation - which is why I bought back-up tips just to have around. 

For most people, I would say that isolation is probably average and on par with most units out there.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #81 of 542
For me, above average.  But please keep in mind that RHA's tips have traditionally worked out very well for me in terms of both fit and isolation - which is why I bought back-up tips just to have around. 

For most people, I would say that isolation is probably average and on par with most units out there.

Because of all these impressions, I went ahead and got myself a pair. Time to sell off a few earphones! :D

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #82 of 542
You guys are killing me. I can't decide between the MA750 or the S2. The MA750 sounds perfect, except I really would like the semi-open so I'm not totally isolated if someone comes up to my desk and tries to talk to me. Hmm....

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #83 of 542

Because of all these impressions, I went ahead and got myself a pair. Time to sell off a few earphones!
biggrin.gif

What are you selling off?

You guys are killing me. I can't decide between the MA750 or the S2. The MA750 sounds perfect, except I really would like the semi-open so I'm not totally isolated if someone comes up to my desk and tries to talk to me. Hmm....

Since time immemorial, the optimal and appropriate answer to any soup-or-salad-type question is YES. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #86 of 542
Oh oh...

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #88 of 542
It's disappointing... Apple Store Australia only sells the M600 
mad.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #89 of 542

What are you selling off?

My h-200. Which is kinda ironic since I bought them as an upgrade, but I still liked the Onkyos and S2 more than them, which costs almost twice as much.

Wow, that's quite a swap-a-doo there.  Still, I can't imagine there being a shortage of people wanting to take that T-PEOS off you, so you'll probably fetch a decent price.

Originally Posted by waynes world /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man these MA750s sound excellent. I am very impressed. Now these are worth a bit of hype. Lol.

Oh oh...

LOLOLOLOL! 
biggrin.gif

they look pretty sharp, and kind remind me of k3003

BTW, before anyone freaks out.  Mine were brand new, sealed, and they came with pits, marks, etc. on the housing finishes.  Not to worry.  From what I understand, it's kind of a "functional" and industrial aesthetic that they're going for.  No one messed with them. 
smile.gif

It's disappointing... Apple Store Australia only sells the M600 
mad.gif

Wow, even store.apple.com/au/ only carries the MA450i. 
blink.gif
  Maybe these are in limited supply and haven't gotten distributed everywhere yet?

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #90 of 542
Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, not just me then!  Thanks earplug. 
smile.gif

Just to be clear guys, I don't necessarily consider driver flex to be an automatic flaw, especially since I've never had a pair of IEMs fail on me due to a thinner and stiffer diaphragm.  Still, I thought it'd be worth noting for those who have.

We seem to be the only two that experienced driver flex. I'll see if I can get a replacement from RHA.

The MA750 is really impressive so far, and they aren't even burned in yet. I was worried about the cable being too thick, but it isn't even an issue to me. Seems nice and sturdy compared to all the thin cables out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back