New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Jul 23, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #483 of 542
Ortofon tips are great and very comfortable with the MA750i. A bit pricey but worth it.
Still, they sound great with sensorcom double flange too. Sony hybrids are great too.
Fun to tip roll with these, but you have to get the tip to be not too near the driver cause it will bring treble harshness.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #484 of 542
No Altoids down under, unfortunately. It's alright, the current case doesn't seem all -that- bad, but it's a nightmare when trying to stuff or grab the in-ears in when you're in a hurry.

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #486 of 542

it looks like I could beat someone to death with it, or if I have to choke them with the cables

I totally forgot to test this in my impressions.  Next time I am feeling psychopathic, I'll report on how well they double as weapons.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #488 of 542
I don't know, I mean, I accidentally whipped somebody in the face when they were hanging off my ear after I took them off, and I swear you could hear the -thump- when it hit him. But yeah, provided you don't hold it by the ends, I'm pretty sure you can garrote someone with it. If you can't, the tip holder certainly wouldn't hurt. Maybe a source of BDSM for some of our more adventurous members here? :)

Speaking about comfort, after a few days, ears are completely used to it now. Uber-comfortable and tips are now longer loose. Surprisingly, they feel even better than my MH1 and UE500 now (though when it's cold in the morning, it's FREEZING when it touches your ear).

Still not grooving the case: I actually scratched both the tip holder and one of the sides, but nothing a good Dremel won't fix. In the end,  I took out the tip holder (since it's practically useless having them around once you've settled).

Speaking of which, really appreciate the RHA team shooting an enquiry. -Really- great pleasure doing business with you guys. But yeah, I'm still screaming at the tips, especially the mono-flanged ones. :)

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #493 of 542
Was gonna pick up a set of these lads.. Can I ask, do you think it's possible to use them in the gym? Or does the metal shell make them a bit weighty and liable to fall out if active..

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back