New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Aug 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #301 of 2,626
With all that has gone into this dac/amp with better than average chips and R&D, I think in the larger view of things the price is very good. It is the most versatile amp I know of and it is still portable though I would put it in my shirt pocket. :^)

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #302 of 2,626
It could also be a warranty thing like "If you blow up the thing and you used any other ac adapter than ours, then tough". This however is pure ungrounded speculation.

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #303 of 2,626
I would much prefer a manufacture to include the ac adapter with their product so there is "no" question as to what to use. With the advent of universal adapters, with regards to ac voltage, it makes life much easier.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #305 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by zer010gic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any one know of another amp that shares a similar opamp and buffer design that could give some indication as to the sound this amp may produce.

[edited] I thought I heard it was an AD8397. I might be mistaken.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #306 of 2,626
Basically I need to know if there is a chance this amp will sound as good as a Corda Move. I need a usb input but all the features of this amp would be nice but at the most part I want SQ. I know its early to tell but what would be an educated guess.

Corey

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #307 of 2,626
My D1's in the home stretch, just cleared customs in Brussels!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #308 of 2,626
Please give us clear impression out of box =)
(before burn in process)

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #309 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by zer010gic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically I need to know if there is a chance this amp will sound as good as a Corda Move. I need a usb input but all the features of this amp would be nice but at the most part I want SQ. I know its early to tell but what would be an educated guess.

Corey

Not just you are waiting for that...

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #311 of 2,626
Others will soon have the D1 and they will state what they hear, if they choose. I only have 75 hours on the D1 and hear changes. I have no idea where it will end up in the sound spectrum. I have posted images and some impressions up to this point.

It is interesting to listen to the amp only while driving the D1 with my Monica II or using the dac only while using my Xin Reference.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #313 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your efforts so far jamato8.

I hope everyone can get some value from my interpretations of what I am hearing but it is just that, my interpretation.

I am listening to the remastered Queen, greatest hits. The bass is powerful but not overwhelming. On the second cut, Another One Bites the Dust, the bass is very punchy and the space of the recording venue is well represented. There is no congestion to the sound and the drive and dynamics is conveyed in a convincing manner. Not all of this remaster is that well recorded but some of the tracks come across with a lot of enjoyment.

I am also hearing some of the unpleasant artifacts of some digital recordings. This is not the fault of the D1 but it is resolving some of the recording grunge. I can hear this on my Monica II but not in the same way.

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #314 of 2,626
I just emailed iBasso asking about battery replacement. Here is their reply:-

You can purchase battery replacements from US if you can do the replace work, or you can send it back to us, we will only charge component cost and shipping cost.

Usually, the battery has 500 time charge period. That means you can use the battery for 2~3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back