New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Aug 20, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #316 of 2,626
To jamato,

Did you constantly burn in your amp (continuously?), or you give it a break time?

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #317 of 2,626
guys, do this DAC support ASIO?

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #318 of 2,626
It's here!
yahoo.gif

Unboxing and size comparative photos following soonish...

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #319 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's here!
yahoo.gif

Unboxing and size comparative photos following soonish...

RIGHT ON!
let the unpacking begin!
smily_headphones1.gif

hopefully i get mine later today as well... as long as UPS doesn't mess up.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #320 of 2,626
I just got mine. Nobody was at home last thursday when DHL tried to deliver so I got it rerouted to where I am working this week. My main intended use for it is as an optical dac with my Sony pcdp but the included optical cable does not fit the Sony (I knew this and have ordered an other cable that is sitting at home) so I can not test it as such. As a plain amp it does not give me the same kick right out of the box as my Xin Reference did when I first got that but that might be because I have now been spoiled by the Referene for some monhts. I have tried to plug it into my pc via usb and tha makes a BIG differene compared with just the pc's headphone out. All of this is just very brief and with my E4C's. Tonight when I get back to the hotel I will try it as an amp with the Sony and my K340's and see how that goes while AB'ing it with the Reference.

Oh, and as for looks the amp is quite good looking but I deffinately do not like the leather sleeve but since that has a velcro lock it's easy to remove. I will put small silicone feet under it instead and use it in the nude black metal.

Also I will only be able to test it for as long as the charge in the batteries last as I don't have a US to EURO plug converter for the ac adapter with me.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #321 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and as for looks the amp is quite good looking but I deffinately do not like the leather sleeve but since that has a velcro lock it's easy to remove. I will put small silicone feet under it instead and use it in the nude black metal.

I've been curious about the leather as well. Could you post pics of it nude? Or could someone?

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #323 of 2,626
Brilliant to hear it is looking hopeful. *Newb question* will these be manufactured for a while? Or is the product run usually quite short on these?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #324 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brilliant to hear it is looking hopeful. *Newb question* will these be manufactured for a while? Or is the product run usually quite short on these?

I assume it will be made for a while but who knows. It seems the the amp world is moving very fast. I would imagine like other products, it also depends upon how well it sells.

I put some nice flat silicone feet on my D1 and they work great.

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #325 of 2,626
Quote:

Don't know but I think that this is going to be a standard product in general production for a good long time

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #326 of 2,626
Cheers, im really thinking this will be my first purchase, as it covers so many of the things i need, and seems a goo place to start. However as another thread highlights, living in the UK means high import tax. Hurumph.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #327 of 2,626
Quote:

Cheers, im really thinking this will be my first purchase, as it covers so many of the things i need, and seems a goo place to start. However as another thread highlights, living in the UK means high import tax. Hurumph.

On the paperwork accompanying mine they wrote "Sample of no commercial value" and "Sample of adaptor" and declared it at $20 (I didn't ask for this, it just happened). It went straight thru without any customs interference.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #328 of 2,626
Yes, that is what I had. I hope it continues to work. I think taxing items of small value and interferring with our hobby has to stop! :^)

Ok, nearing a hundred hours and Dire Straits is sounding pretty good. There are still some areas that need to smooth out in the upper mid and lower high frequency but at not quite 100 hours good so far. I have been listening to the amp and dac, amp, dac, to get impressions what what all the combinations sound like.

I can't get it to work with my Mac usb out. Anybody know of issues with the USB on Mac PowerBook G4's and devices like this?

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #329 of 2,626
Any thoughts on how the DAC compares to the Monica2 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back