New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Aug 18, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #271 of 2,626
I will get a shot of the internals up. There is a lot going on inside and some quality components.

Aug 18, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #272 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...good sized portable. Guess they needed the extra space for all the connectivity options. Despite the size.....very tempting for a new "team minimal" member like myself.

x2. i'm very tempted by this

Aug 19, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #274 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to seeing how the D1 opens-up for access...

That would be interesting. I'd also love to have the opportunity to A/B the iBasso and Move. I love everything about the Move....size, build.....if it only had either a coax or optical input it would be darned near perfect. Of course, the iBasso takes care of that but in a somewhat bigger package. Tough choice here.

Aug 19, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #275 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it runs the HD650's just fine. I guess it depends on how loud you like it but louder than I would want to listen to music is how it does turned all the way up, with no distortion.

IMG_7638.jpg

LOOKS HOT!
cant wait to get mine! was supposed to come on friday but it was delayed a few days and now i wont get it till late Monday
frown.gif
. but also on monday i should be receiving my Yuin Pk1 & a Corda Move! w00t! i know you peoples are dying to hear a comparison between the two and i may be able to help out. i just dont know where to begin, any suggestions?

Aug 19, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #276 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmfboy01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just dont know where to begin, any suggestions?

Pics comparing the size would be a nice start. Toss in a common reference point....the ipod for example...and you're off to a roaring start. I'd then focus on a direct comparison of the two using the same cans, source, connector, and a very familiar piece of music to your ears. If you're feeling froggy, a pic of the internals of the two would be of great interest.
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #279 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course this one has a DAC with three different input types.
icon10.gif

That's what makes it so exciting......and hard to believe. If the sonics are there, a portable with so many connection options at this price point would be an unbeatably great value. Again, Skylab or another vet of the portable scene needs to get their hands on both the Move and this gem for a head to head comparison.

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #281 of 2,626
Some more images.

D1-front-w-650s.jpg

top-internal-D1.jpg

Opamps-and-buffersD1.jpg

D1-bottom-of-pcb.jpg

D1-back.jpg

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #282 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what makes it so exciting......and hard to believe. If the sonics are there, a portable with so many connection options at this price point would be an unbeatably great value. Again, Skylab or another vet of the portable scene needs to get their hands on both the Move and this gem for a head to head comparison.

Ditto that.

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #284 of 2,626
Thanks jamato8. Nice pics. Well, we've seen the unit in all its glory and now we've seen it naked. Guess all that's left is a thorough evaluation of how the dac and amp perform and how they stack up to the competition. Look forward to some detailed impressions.

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #285 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

Really? Is this just to provide a line-out from the dac or for amplifying to the headphones? It looks like it could be the latter, but I'm not sure and may be missing something there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back