[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3,106 of 5,962
Oh and can anyone recommend a hard case that will fit the x1's?

Also the cheapest place to buy these? Best Ive seen is $300 on amazon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251240907292

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #3,108 of 5,962
I'd love to pick up a X1 just to test and compare to the Fischer Audio FA-011 limited edition I have. Seems similar on tonal balance.

Incidentally I have both.  I'm not very good at the comparative words, but I havent put my FA-011's on since the X1's arrived.  Its a similar sound, but better on every level if that makes sense.  Possibly just a bit warmer and closer feeling than the FA-011

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3,109 of 5,962
Looks nice. I do like velvet though, might go this way personally: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade/MrSpeakers-Mad-Dog-Velvet-Bag

Thanks for the suggestion and link. if I could somehow fit them back in the box attached to the 8 foot mediabridge cable got, I would be good as gold. Will end up with a pouch most likely I guess. Again, thanks!

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #3,110 of 5,962
  Oh and can anyone recommend a hard case that will fit the x1's?

Also the cheapest place to buy these? Best Ive seen is $300 on amazon

Would keep an eye out on Sonic Electronix's site. I got the X1 there last week for $239 USD. Of course, that was with a 20% off code that's no longer in effect. However, Sonic does randomly email out specials to email subs.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #3,112 of 5,962
Hello everyone,

I wondered if it was easy to find other kinds of earpads because the original ones would get my head itchy...
If anyone could give me a link that would be super kind !

Thanks !

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #3,113 of 5,962
  Coincidentally I almost ordered one from their site last week for $300. Was the last one they had and they are currently out of stock.

Where did you find the coupon code last time?

When I bought mine, they were listed as the last one in stock. I checked the site after buying and they were listed as out of stock. So as far as I know, I got the last one (from that batch anyway) The coupon code was emailed to me from Sonic for one of their "48 hour" headphone sales. if you go to the deals thread on the forum, you will see that @evilhippie actually posted about it for anyone that might have been interested. So it might be worth it to get on their email list.

Even at $239 they were still about $40 over my initial budget, but I convinced myself to take the plunge lol The fact that Sonic has a 60 day return period definitely helped in that decision.

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3,114 of 5,962
 Just got my Philips Fidelio X1 and I love it!  Right now I am listening to Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks (Audiophile Mastered Version) on flac and it's awesome!  I will be going through my library so no interruptions please...

Thanks to Head-fi member cotnjoe!

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #3,115 of 5,962

When I bought mine, they were listed as the last one in stock. I checked the site after buying and they were listed as out of stock. So as far as I know, I got the last one (from that batch anyway) The coupon code was emailed to me from Sonic for one of their "48 hour" headphone sales. if you go to the deals thread on the forum, you will see that @evilhippie actually posted about it for anyone that might have been interested. So it might be worth it to get on their email list.

Even at $239 they were still about $40 over my initial budget, but I convinced myself to take the plunge lol The fact that Sonic has a 60 day return period definitely helped in that decision.

Haha if you're talking about last week then yea, that was the one i was looking at you bought. Man I wish I would have seen that discount code, wouldnt have thought twice about it! I can only hope to get a similar or better deal. Ill keep an eye out on the deals thread.

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #3,116 of 5,962
Definitely a good idea to keep a watchful out out on the deals thread. Even though I'm personally not looking for cans anymore, I still peek in on it for friends I know that are in the hunt for a decent deal on headphones.. if I happen to get one of those emailed quick sale codes again, I'll pass it on to you (assuming you will need it at the time)

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #3,117 of 5,962
mmmm this is my 1st post and i dont know whre to begin .. i guess will post my simple review for a noob's point of view .. and i would be happy to discuss and test some things for the x1 fidelio headphone

X1 fidelio .. well.. advantages:
1 great sound
2 very comfortable
3 good bass
4 you can hear multiple sounds and instruments in the same time

cons:
1 treble a bit high
2 well from one used to closed headphones i feel sound a bit weird
3 well if you have a room mate forget it

let's talk about the deal breaker to me .. i used the headphones with no problems apparent at all even at high volume and normal content .. but after i bought it by one week i found some tests on the net to test headphone capabilities .. so i tried them and the X1 did a good job except in 2 tests : bass test in which you hear a clear rattle in the right speaker when you increase the volume and this rattle does not appear in the left speaker except after 7 DB difference increase .. so definitely the right speaker is faulty but when stressed to the limits .. another test is tone equality in which tone heard should be in the center across all frequencies but in high frequencies the sound deviates from center

so build quality is not top notch after all and hence my 3 out 5 score .. heaphones with this price should be flawless in the build quality department .. also my hd 202 sennheiser does not exhibits these faults even it cost like 20 usd while these cost me 300 usd

and too bad i decided to keep the headphones as i traveled to india and returning them will cost me a lot of hassle .. but apart from this issue the problem is not detected in normal content and volume

so what is your opinion ?? share with me your opinions and the website withe audio tests i meant is :
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
bass quality and driver matching tests

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #3,118 of 5,962

so build quality is not top notch after all and hence my 3 out 5 score .. heaphones with this price should be flawless in the build quality department .. also my hd 202 sennheiser does not exhibits these faults even it cost like 20 usd while these cost me 300 usd

and too bad i decided to keep the headphones as i traveled to india and returning them will cost me a lot of hassle .. but apart from this issue the problem is not detected in normal content and volume

You said it yourself that the problem is not detected in normal content. That is because it's unlikely a build quality issue to start with. You started out using stress tests on the headphones which push them to their limits. The Philips headphones have larger drivers that enable it to reach lower and louder at those low frequencies than the Sennheiser 202. For that reason alone, the 202's may not be able to rattle because they are simply not able to push the volume of air to start with. The 7dB difference may not be a fault in one driver, but the other driver over-performing?! As you noted both drivers eventually behave the same when pushed. While stress tests have their place, we have to remember they are there to highlight faults OR limitations, and my not indicate at all the relevant performance with normal use. I have run stress tests on my highly expensive Kef Reference 4.2 speakers, and I can tell you that one will start giving out (air flaffing) before the other when pushed at the low end. This is normal. This is not a fanboy post....but I think its important to keep things in the context of real world usage, and not tests devised that reveal "problems" that are not really problems at all.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,120 of 5,962
Been following this thread since I bought the X1s in January.  Have to say I still love them and use them almost daily, its a shame the pads are not replaceable, but mine still look like new.

I see Philips have a new set of headphones the L2 being released, which may interest some on this thread. 

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/headphones/black-l2bo_00/prd/ 

I am also loving my X1 and I am going to get an L2 for portable use when it comes to the USA in February 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back