[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #2,986 of 5,962
...maybe even go one step further and see what happens if they wire those drivers for balanced input...?
atsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #2,988 of 5,962
Will probable be quite expensive small the small number of potential buyers with the amps for it. But the Fidelio label has gotten a good start, so it would be interesting to see what happens if it stays around.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #2,989 of 5,962
I've just got a chance To listen to x1 it's so different with what I'm used to in a good way. It's so warm and engulfing. The instrument separation it's there and the sound stage is wide but they are not apart. There is no holes in the soundstage both horizontally and vertically. Simply impressive.

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #2,990 of 5,962
This is probably one of those weird subjective audiophile things...

So far I've listened to the phones sitting down comfortably, at most taking a few steps from the desk chair to the sofa in the same room. But... last night something happened when I remained standing. I felt something about the sound of these phones that just made so much sense when standing in the middle of the room. I just remained like that, walking around a little, listening to the last half of Patti Smith's Gone Again on my feet.

And "Fireflies" sounds so wonderfully amazing with these phones. It, and the rest of the album, needs a little warmth in my opinion.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,992 of 5,962
Hi all, do you think X1 is suitable for low volume level listening?

Not really since the treble is pretty tame, you lose a fair bit of detail. I think it needs to be at a moderate level.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,994 of 5,962
hi guys ! i just recieved my X1 and im very happy with them . Also bought one replacement cable for the stock one . The cable is Cordial CFS and the manufacturer says that his resistance is <=80 mohm/m . How can i interpret (convert) these ? 1.8ohms of the stock cable is /m ? /km ? What is my true cable resistance? Help me pls!

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2,995 of 5,962
In whole Ohms that would be about 0.6 per meter for the stock cable and 0.08 for the Cordial. But... as far as I know the stock cable measurements are for the whole cable, with plugs and joints adding to the total – so the only real way to compare would be to whip out the multimeter and work out the resistances from pin to pin.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,996 of 5,962
yep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,997 of 5,962
So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #2,998 of 5,962
The packaging on the X1 is quite nice.

I'd say yours was probably scuffed beforehand. If you bought it new you could probably exchange it.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,999 of 5,962
yep! i now i can confirm myself that the myth with stock cable is true. I switch them today 10 times and i was hoping to keep the stock cable but... i cant . The highs are realy highs and the bass it feels better with the Cordial cable. Switch the cable !

They are very cheap but look quality. How is the cable - not too stiff?

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,000 of 5,962
  So I just got these shipped to me today in the mail and right when I opened it, there were scuffs at the top on the band. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not usually this OCD, but I'm really annoyed that something with an MSRP of $300 has such cheap internal packaging that would allow the band to be scuffed already.

I think the packaging is quite nice, and looks secure enough with the molded tray and the foam blocks in the lid to keep everything in place. I also think the leather quality feels like something that needs some serious (ab)use to get scuffed, so I also recommend asking for a replacement. Either you got a lemon, or someone tried to sell you phones that had been returned already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back