[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,523 of 5,962
You can always cut it out.  I think it's just cosmetic as the driver already has a cover over it.

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,525 of 5,962
Quote:
Does anybody use the Fidelio X1 with the Aune T1? If so, how is it?

I do. Haven't done much tube rolling with the X1 because I don't really use X1 for music. K702 anniversaries are more balanced and do almost everything so much better. I found the X1 bass to be over emphasized (even boomy at times) and the mids are not as refined and clear as with anniversaries. This being said they pair wonderfully with my audiolab 8200cdq in the living room setting. Very fun headphones to watch movies and play PS3. I can also keep the same volume levels with both X1 and my active speakers (anniversaries play so much quieter and I had to constantly play with the volume). To answer your question X1 does work well with T1 but you just need to find the right tubes I guess. I think the easier, cheaper and better option would be to get E17 or equivalent. I'm really not into EQing things, but I wouldn't mind adding a db or two to the treble of the X1.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,527 of 5,962
Quote:
Don't use it for music dude are you sick or something haha!!! it's amazing with music,movies,games you name it.....and bass is just perfect.Good we all hear different...

Apparently you haven't listened to any planar magnetic HPs 
size]
. Though I haven't listened to the Annie's, I tend to agree with Salvatore. The X1's bass is huge, no doubt, as if getting hit by a truck, but that doesn't come without being bloated and they are certainly far from neutral. That being said though, they are incredibly fun to listen to 
size]

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,528 of 5,962
Quote:
Does anybody use the Fidelio X1 with the Aune T1? If so, how is it?

I don't know about the T1, but with the Project Starlight the sound is wonderful.  I have an Electro Harmonix 6922 in it and seems to have tamed some of the bass bloat they mention above.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #2,529 of 5,962
Quote:
Don't use it for music dude are you sick or something haha!!! it's amazing with music,movies,games you name it.....and bass is just perfect.Good we all hear different...

Yeah that's how it is. I attended many hifi shows and did a lot of recearch to find the anniversaries. I'm impressed how they perform for the price. The same can be said about X1, but I only prefer them with games, movies and hiphop. Again personal opinions, but I think the X1 bass is definitely not perfect. Don't get me wrong I have use for both headphones, but I just find the anniversaries to be more refined and balanced for the music I listen. Whenever something is too emphasized it can get fatiguing. This is true with X70X AKG treble as well as X1 bass. For how much I listen music I prefer balance.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #2,530 of 5,962
Agreed with everytjing you said. There are times when the X1 has too much bass for some music. The Annie is a lot more general and all purpose. But sometimes, the X1 adds enough excitement that the Annie may not.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,531 of 5,962
Thats why I keep saying they compliment each other!! :p

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,533 of 5,962
Hi all,

I will be getting my Fiio E17 tomorrow (hopefully) and I am contemplating on a test bed as below

PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
PC (Soundblaster ZR) -> Astro Mixamp 5.8 (DD) -> Fiio E17 -> X1
SG3 -> X1
SG3 -> Fiio E17 via USB OTG -> X1

What do you guys think? I will mainly test the set ups based on Instrumentals / Movies / gaming

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,534 of 5,962
Quote:
Agreed with everytjing you said. There are times when the X1 has too much bass for some music. The Annie is a lot more general and all purpose. But sometimes, the X1 adds enough excitement that the Annie may not.

Then you turn the bass down a little mine is connected to my Denon amp and sometimes it sounds better when i turn it down a bit...:) but on a headphone you don't have that option.....my Fiio e10 doesn't...

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #2,535 of 5,962

Users who are viewing this thread

Back