[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2,491 of 5,962
Quote:

Tell us more, tell us more! :D

Well, the new L2 will be released next month, and started to accept pre-ordering in some countries. The sound has the Philips house signature as X1, but slightly brighter in mid when side by side compared with X1. However, as it is designed as direct driven, portable over-ear headphones, its semi-opening design cannot provide isolation of noise (this is quite different with similar counterparts in market, and I really doubt why Philips comes with this design). The price is around HKD2,900 (US$350).

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,492 of 5,962
Just got mine and loving them so far. They are brilliant straight of the box connected with my Fiio E10. Awolnation, Pink Floyd and Kanye West all sounded great.

Like them better than my Pro 900's so far.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #2,493 of 5,962
Quote:
The sound has the Philips house signature as X1, but slightly brighter in mid when side by side compared with X1.

Sounds like the 'ol Fidelio L1.
biggrin.gif

I hope that "L2" doesn't stand for "cosmetic changes and nothing more".
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #2,494 of 5,962
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #2,496 of 5,962
I wouldn't have a problem with orange stitching if it weren't looping over like that. It looks cheap and nasty, like the way it looks when I do a quick sewing repair job by hand. Sennheiser's brown momentum looks better than the black, but they certainly did a better job of keeping the stitching professional-looking than Philips did.

Quite frankly, the only thing that I would be interested in with revisions of the models are replaceable earpads. That's simply a fundamental flaw in the Fidelio line that needs to be addressed. Being made with high-grade materials like aluminum and leather gives the air of being long-lasting and durable... And then these stupid, non-replaceable pads just ruin the whole concept of longevity.

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #2,497 of 5,962
Agreed. X2 with larger ear pad openings and replaceable pads. That's all I ask, though more extension for larger heads would also be stellar.

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #2,500 of 5,962
You know, I actually love the combination of black-and-orange in terms of just colour, but nobody has managed to implement it in a way I like with headphones. I suppose the closest is the black M100 with an orange cable, but that doesn't even really count. Maybe it's just one of those things - strong colors aren't great for headphones considering the clothes we wear can be so different in colour. So more neutral colors like black, white, brown and silver just work out better most of the time.

I see these colourful Momentums and the like popping up and they look quite groovy standing on their own, but I think once they get on people's heads it can quite a different matter. I just tried doing a quick search for orange beats being worn and I actually didn't find a single photo. I did once have a kid attend of my lectures wearing them and I can say.... Not a good idea.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #2,501 of 5,962
I like the look of the ivory momentums, but I just don't like on-ear phones

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,503 of 5,962
Are people so afraid to bend the METAL headband? The X1 can be as loose or as clampy as you want.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #2,504 of 5,962
Are people so afraid to bend the METAL headband? The X1 can be as loose or as clampy as you want.

Indeed. I have bent the metal headband, I have cut the elastic strap at both ends of the softer headband, I have removed the ear pads and put them back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back