[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Dec 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #498 of 5,962
Has anyone in this thread compared the X1 and Hifiman He-300?
Build quality LOOKS better on the Philips but I haven't seen either in real life yet...
Which is more comfy? Deep cups are really important for me.
Which has better soundstage and stereo imaging?
And lastly, which one sounds better? I like my DT990 but the treble is too harsh for my taste and with rock music they are just no fun because of the recessed mids. I like the deep bass these things produce, and I prefer fully open over semi-open any day but could be willing to compromise if the X1 are that much better.
I'm stuck between those two and I can get them both for the same price...
What would you do?

PS: Source is a FiiO E7

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #499 of 5,962
Quote:

And lastly, which one sounds better? I like my DT990 but the treble is too harsh for my taste and with rock music they are just no fun because of the recessed mids. I like the deep bass these things produce, and I prefer fully open over semi-open any day but could be willing to compromise if the X1 are that much better.

But the X1 are open.  The L1 that are semi-open.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #501 of 5,962
I just got mine today.

Build quality is amazing, feels great in my hands.
It is a bit small for my head though, so there's a little pressure on the top of my head, hopefully it will go away with some head time.

Coming from HD800s, these are definitely bass heavy, a bit too much for my liking without EQ. I'll let these burn for a bit before coming to a conclusion.
Other than bass, everything else is already great, especially the vocals. It's very rich and natural. In fact, I think these headphones sound more natural (the sound of instruments) than the HD800. HD800 is technically perfect, but can often sound too analytical.

If I need to sum up the X1 in one world, it'd be musicality.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #505 of 5,962
Quote:
I just got mine today.

Build quality is amazing, feels great in my hands.
It is a bit small for my head though, so there's a little pressure on the top of my head, hopefully it will go away with some head time.

Coming from HD800s, these are definitely bass heavy, a bit too much for my liking without EQ. I'll let these burn for a bit before coming to a conclusion.
Other than bass, everything else is already great, especially the vocals. It's very rich and natural. In fact, I think these headphones sound more natural (the sound of instruments) than the HD800. HD800 is technically perfect, but can often sound too analytical.

If I need to sum up the X1 in one world, it'd be musicality.

Good to hear. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #507 of 5,962
I have my X1 for some days now, and I'm pretty impressed by the bang for the buck.

Don't think it is bassy, but this depends on how it fits on the head (pressure of the cussions on the ears etc.)
Voices are balanced and resolution is very good for a 32 ohm type. No peaks like a Beyer T1 in the highs, but not as 'sparkling' also.

T1 got better textile for the long run, and is more mechanic friendly constructed.

Both are very good headphones, the T1 (600 ohm) is the 'microscope' but the X1 is a working horse with glossy coat.

So, the X1 is a absolute nobrainer from Philips next to my electrical toothbrush ... even working with mobile players, but shines with midpower amps.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #508 of 5,962
Very interesting, after about 24hrs of burn in, the bass quantity has decreased substantially.
It went from almost unbearably much to pretty much no EQ required. I would still say it's a bassy headphone, but now its much more enjoyable. 

I like to share some photos that I took of these beautiful headphones =)

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #509 of 5,962
Nice photos thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back