[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #481 of 5,962
Quote:
@TOWWERS:  In general, without using my 'Headphone Fakir' powers, I would classify both as comfortable for normal use. For long use, I would say the X1 is more comfortable because the L1 clamps a bit.

Thanks for the quick response, I already have the L1 and I really like it. However I'm planning to buy the X1 for a better experience when looking at movies in my computer. The X1 seems so comfy!

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #484 of 5,962
Hi,
Is there anyone who could compare these to the Fischer FA003/ BW HM5, or the AT M50?
I would really appreciate that
wink_face.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #486 of 5,962
The HM5/FA-003 is one on the wonkiest sounding closed headphones I've ever heard (IMO). In terms of that aspect of the sound alone, I'd suspect an open headphone of having a very good chance of having the edge there. Based on others' impressions, it sounds like the X1 and the HM5 may have vaguely similar sound signatures however...X1 being bassy and warm(?). HM5 being dark and laid back. Pure and utter speculation on my part though.

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #487 of 5,962
Thanks lmswjm and manveru!

Manuveru, I've read you are not really a fan of the 003/hm5 to say the least :p
Honestly I don't like the "hall echo" in them, but I use bbe viva on my Cowon and I like them very much.
What I'm looking for is great vocals, well textured and separated instruments, an all-rounder. I would not say I hear something is lacking right now, I just "know" there are better phones out there,

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #488 of 5,962
Quote:
Thanks lmswjm and manveru!

Manuveru, I've read you are not really a fan of the 003/hm5 to say the least :p
Honestly I don't like the "hall echo" in them, but I use bbe viva on my Cowon and I like them very much.
What I'm looking for is great vocals, well textured and separated instruments, an all-rounder. I would not say I hear something is lacking right now, I just "know" there are better phones out there,

Yeah, haha. I hope I don't come across as too vehement sometimes though. Different people have different preferences and will like different things. At the time I felt like I had to say something because I was for the most part the only one who had something to say about them that wasn't overwhelmingly positive or resorted to catch phrases like "neutral champ," and it would bother me if someone who had similar preferences as me bought them after hearing nothing but positive reviews and never getting another side of the story.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #489 of 5,962
I'm really interested in the X1 after reading some reviews.
Currently I have HD800 and sometimes I find it too analytical so I'm looking for something thats more mellow and warm.

From what I've heard, I quite like the B&W P5 signature (except its soundstage), so I'm wondering if the X1's are similar to the P5? 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on these! :D

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #492 of 5,962
Hello all,

Today I received my repaired and modified headphone amp, the Philips Cineos SBC HD1500U, a very good amp now. Modified by a Dutch audio genius of
www.theaudioclinic.nl

All I can say: with a very good amp the Fidelio X1 is very, very good. Nice full sound but not to much bass. Voices are very nice and perfect now! The X1 is going to compete with the Beyerdynamic DT880 for becoming my favourite! Especially with the Amazon.it deal nobody should have any doubt, but also for the full price it is more than worth it.

But remember this: the Philips Fidelio X1 really needs a very good amp, than it will be very good.

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #494 of 5,962
Recieved my X1 almost a week ago, first day I had them on I was a bit sceptincal... but now after more than 30 hours of burn, I fell in love with them! They are worth every cent i spent on them :) Next month I am buying DAC+amplifier, right now I am standing between Yulong D100 and ODAC+O2 combo. As I can read Yulong have slightl better sound quality, however there is no warancy on it + need to pay taxes to get it from China... ODAC/O2 is cheaper and have 2 years of warancy on both of them... So I gues I will take a safer and cheaper decision and pick ODAC/O2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back