[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #421 of 5,962
Quote:
You can read mixed opinions about redcoon on the web... Some received damaged goods, while others received items not corresponding to description. As an italian, I wouldn't buy anything from it.
biggrin.gif

I bought Fidelio L1 and X1 from redcoon.pl. Everything went just perfect.

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #422 of 5,962
I should have specified I was referring to redcoon.it. :D
I didn't mean they are scammers, however after some reading online I would think twice before buying something you can scratch/dent easely from them...

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #423 of 5,962
Quote:

argh, you!!!

Quote:
Congrats Communic! That was really a good deal especially as they come from direct from Philips themselves.

I'm wondering if they might put these stackable codes out again, was it a one off or even a mistake. 

It's quite funny because the code that was posted earlier in the thread with 25% off expired when I wanted to purchase them but about two weeks later it somehow was valid again along with a new code offering 35%! Not sure if it was a glitch or not but I did read on HUKD that stackable codes have been going for quite a while on the Philips site so it's worth trying periodically as there seems to be a new code from ~15-40% released every few weeks or so.

Either way, as I stated in my impressions, I would have happily paid full retail of £299 and then some for the SQ alone considering I find it handily outperforms similar phones in that price bracket. I almost feel like asking them to charge my card again!

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #425 of 5,962
Phillips fidelio x1 vs Grado ps500 vs Sennheiser H650

which one would you prefer to use with a computer to watching movies!? using a fiio e17 dac amp

the most important points for me:

1. comfort
2. sound quality
3. value for the money

THANKS!!

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #426 of 5,962
Quote:
Phillips fidelio x1 vs Grado ps500 vs Sennheiser H650

which one would you prefer to use with a computer to watching movies!? using a fiio e17 dac amp

the most important points for me:

1. comfort
2. sound quality
3. value for the money

THANKS!!

If closed back design is not a problem I would suggest you make yourself familiar with the AKG K550's. Ticks all three of those boxes and works very well with the E17. HD650's are also good choice but are more expensive and are probably difficult to drive with the E17. Grados are not for everybody and I would suggest you try them before buying. From this list I would definitely go for the X1's and exploit the crazy amazon.it deal.

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #431 of 5,962
For a few days I use the X1 now and getting happier all the time
happy_face1.gif

Straight out of the box not to much impressed soundwise because of several reasons. My HPamp died recently and I am temporarily using something low-fi. Also it is true that the X1 rearly needs a solid break-in, a French site advises an absolute absolute minimum of 48 hours. In real life it is NOT advised to do this non-stop and with high volumes. The mechanical parts of a HP needs pauses and breaking in with high volumes and/or unnatural sounds is just ill-advised. Last reason: it is only my second real-Fi headphone, also using a DT880, and it took time to get used to.

Everything that is said about the X1 (in this blog and in all the tests) is true. TOP design, TOP quality, TOP comfort. Nice soft cable. Wide, natural, 'layered' soudstage and in general a nice sound, nice bass. The break-in improves in my opinion the bass (more tight) and the high. It was especially the voices I was, straight out of the box, a bit concerned about, not surprising beeing used to the Beyerdynamic DT880 which is probably the best 'normal price' HP in the world for voices. Also my DT880 is 7 year old now and much used, that differs from a brand new HP with a BIG driver (like that of the X1). Also the wider sound compared to the DT880 (less 'intimite' you could say) took time to get used to.     

It is, I think, especially the voices that will improve in time. Already they sound smoother and more natural now, and when a new amp arrives (the plan is the expensive Beyerdynamic Headzone) and I will also watch DVD/Blu-ray the X1 will certainly be brilliant.    

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #433 of 5,962
Considering the L1 is sold by amazon nowadays, it's only a matter of time before the X1 hopefully follows suit. The L1 took forever.

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #434 of 5,962
Just played a bit with the X1 today, and I am impressed. The stock cable definitely need to be changed, I still can't understand why the manufacturers are saving the cost in this sort of vital stuff? The connector is regular 3.5mm jack, win.

It has a very friendly and balance sound, and I find it hard to not compare it with the Sennheiser HD650. While the 650 has a special place in my heart, I have to say that it has, in some aspects, noticeably better than the 650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back