[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 27, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #185 of 5,962
Nope. In euro's that is. Ordered one and should come in today.

Please let us know of your impression once you got them. I am thinking of buying them to be my complementary cans to my he-400 just because I love the design. But if is not that much different from the he-400 then maybe I will try to stop myself from buying them based on the looks and design.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #186 of 5,962
So got news directly from philips. X1 is planned to be release in Australia early 2013, prize not conformed (depends on their sellers).
My guess is whatever they folks in Europe are paying add 200 to it!

Yes the best way to buy this is from Europe, I dont think the folks in Australia or Europe US will get this cheap. This product is mostly designed for the Europe market, having the US and AUS market as bonus. Philips traditionally is a European centered market, while it has a strong medical equitment center in Australia all its fun toys if reserved for the European markets :frowning2:

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #187 of 5,962
So got news directly from philips. X1 is planned to be release in Australia early 2013, prize not conformed (depends on their sellers).

Yes the best way to buy this is from Europe, I dont think the folks in Australia or Europe will get this cheap. This product is mostly designed for the Europe market, having the US and AUS market as bonus. Philips traditionally is a European centered market, while it has a strong medical equitment center in Australia all its fun toys if reserved for the European markets :frowning2:

Cool my mom is going to Europe in a couple months and I hope and can convince her to buy them for me. But I guess she will say no since she do not understand why i would need so many headphones. :p

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #188 of 5,962
Quote:
Cool my mom is going to Europe in a couple months and I hope and can convince her to buy them for me. But I guess she will say no since she do not understand why i would need so many headphones.
tongue.gif

haha, been there. I am afraid it will never change. Only an audio enthusiast would get that headphone is not just headphone, each have its own character. 

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #189 of 5,962
Replacing cables on the X1 has been made easy by Phillips.  Headphone end is 3.5 stereo Jack and Amp end is standard 1/4"(6.25)

I have ordered a 3.5 Jack to 3.5 Jack cable costing around $25 equivalent from Ebay to try out and will use a commonly available 3.5 to 1/4" converting plug.

There seems to be plently of 3.5 Jack to jack cables as they can be used to plug between ipods headphone sockets and other equipment.

My current feeling is that a good cable with silver plated copper conductors would be a good fit for the X1 sound signature and certainly be an improvement over the stock cable.

I might blow some money on the Oyaide HPC-62 cable which is used on a number of headphone replacements however its something like $130 equivalent in the UK so I need to think about that and try some other cheaper solutions 1st.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #194 of 5,962
Quote:
Sorry--recommendation for replacement cables?

Most of what I'm finding is for headphones with two RCA type plus, one on either ear cup...

You don't need a special "made for headphones" cable. That's just marketing. Any fitting stereo 3.5mm to (insert whatever your amp accepts here) should do.

Personally though, I don't know why one would bother, unless they needed a different length cable or wanted one terminated in 3.5mm. The included cable looks extremely nice.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #195 of 5,962
Quote:

Yes the best way to buy this is from Europe, I dont think the folks in Australia or Europe US will get this cheap. This product is mostly designed for the Europe market, having the US and AUS market as bonus. Philips traditionally is a European centered market, while it has a strong medical equitment center in Australia all its fun toys if reserved for the European markets :frowning2:

Did they say when the US would get it?

Edit: Contacted them via chat and got this response
"As I checked the information I found that the unit has not yet been released in USA. An update about the unit will be shared in the market about it's release.

As of now, we are not having that update on the release of the Unit. In this case, I would recommend for you to wait for a month or few weeks to check on the release of the unit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back