[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #62 of 5,962
Who cares how they measure, it's how they sound that counts. We must listen with our own ears. It is very important.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #63 of 5,962
Quote:
Increasingly interested in these. I wonder how the distortion on these will be, with the measurements for Shure's open backs being so bad.

If the L1's are any indication, it shouldn't be at all as much as the Shure's bass/mid problem area. I should hope not anyway, haha.

Quote:
Who cares how they measure, it's how they sound that counts. We must listen with our own ears. It is very important.

How they measure and how they sound are just two different ways of looking at the same thing. Whether or not different amounts of distortion, or a 5dB boost at 100Hz, or whatever appeals to an individual's personal preferences is the issue you're trying to get at I think.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #65 of 5,962
This line makes me think it's a hint that it's probably brighter than L1:

To make sure the treble remains true to the artist’s rendition, a specially tuned diaphragm profile is incorporated ensuring not a single note will be missed. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #66 of 5,962
Speaking of the L1, wasn't it supposed to be released to other stores and not just Apple? And the M1 still isn't in the US. Is it possible we won't be seeing the X1 for quite a while in the US?

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #67 of 5,962
Quote:
Speaking of the L1, wasn't it supposed to be released to other stores and not just Apple? And the M1 still isn't in the US. Is it possible we won't be seeing the X1 for quite a while in the US?

Well, I auditioned them (the L1) when I was on holiday in Hong Kong, were most larger tech shops had a pair.

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #68 of 5,962
 I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #69 of 5,962
Quote:
 I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.

I can only offer my condolences. Even amazon sells them in the UK, can you not get them imported?

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #70 of 5,962
Hi everyone,

Found this forum through google as I am looking forward to the reviews on these headphones.

For anyone in the UK you can the order the headphones from the Philips UK store at:

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/indoor/-/productdetail/X1_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

For some strange reason I can't actually find it through the Philips shop search engine. Fortunately it was in the google shopping page yesterday. Don't think it is anymore though.

Oh yeah, if you order don't forget there is a 25% off discount voucher code floating about - "Philips2012"

Look forward to the reviews. Am hoping they are as good as they look!

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #71 of 5,962
Sep 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #72 of 5,962
Quote:
This is the first review I've come across:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/philips-fidelio-x1_Headphones_review

Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.

Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs."  lol.

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #73 of 5,962
Quote:

Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs."  lol.

This haha, it basicly said nothing about the sound in my mind, it was just a way to fill up the article with words and some hints of the sound rather than nothing at all even if it probably made no sense (well they did listen to an open-back headphone in a noisy environment for starters).

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #74 of 5,962
Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #75 of 5,962
I hope these turn out better then the L1. I had high expectation for the L1and was very disappointed. They need better extended high without the overpowering bass. We can only hope 
bigsmile_face.gif
 but one thing is sure. They look like a million buck!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back