[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #33 of 5,962
Interesting, the driver looks identical to a Grado driver.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #35 of 5,962
The X1 can also be seen at the IFA Messe 2012 in germany, Halle 22, Stand 101. It will be avaible in September.

The press release says:

"Bei der Entwicklung haben die Philips Sound-Ingenieure das Design des Fidelio X1 so konzipiert, dass Musikfans einen authentischen, unverfälschten Sound in höchster Qualität genießen können. Ganz egal ob Oper, Electro oder Rock gehört wird, der Fidelio X1 soll laut Philips ein Klangbild der Extraklasse bieten und dank hochwertige Materialien und Verarbeitung auch bei langem Musikgenuss angenehm zu tragen sein."

In short the goal of developing the X1 was to get a pristine and authentic high quality sound.

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #38 of 5,962
Aug 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #39 of 5,962
I was there at the HK Audio Expo. The X1 was extremely comfortable and light. You barely notice they're there. The sound was very balanced. From my memory I think it is slightly bass light, but the rest is neutral. Not sure if there was sibilance though... I still remember my friends and I concluding that the headphone was definitely worth the price. The sound of these are quite non-fatiguing.

Edit: Yes they did manage to achieve their goal of natural sound imo. Large soundstage too! Though its completely open and leaks sound and blocks out nothing..

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #40 of 5,962
Quote:
It will be avaible in September.

Added this to the OP.

Hopefully it's in one league with the HD800...

Let's not get carried away now...haha. That would be quite something though.

Quote:
I was there at the HK Audio Expo. The X1 was extremely comfortable and light. You barely notice they're there. The sound was very balanced. From my memory I think it is slightly bass light, but the rest is neutral. Not sure if there was sibilance though... I still remember my friends and I concluding that the headphone was definitely worth the price. The sound of these are quite non-fatiguing.

Edit: Yes they did manage to achieve their goal of natural sound imo. Large soundstage too! Though its completely open and leaks sound and blocks out nothing..

Very interesting indeed. I wasn't sure these would appeal to my sound preferences, but if the few short impressions we've had pan out, they just might.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #42 of 5,962
Only 299 Euro for a flagship. That's a reasonable price.

I really hope the headphones will be really good to a certain degree.

Not so much out of my own interest, because I'm in love with my HD800 and I don't need another headphone in my actual ~40 pieces collection, but for others who probably seek an alternative to the DT990/DT880/HD600/HD650/K701/K702/Q701.

Keep your fingers crossed, that the X1 will be good.
smile.gif

I'll certainly listen to it and write a brief review, shortly after when it's out.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #43 of 5,962
Subscribe!  Very curious about this new top-of-the-line Philips. I've tried the L1 but like many was disappointed with their dark somewhat veil sound  . The first(brief) impression from the show seems favorable. Wait & Ear 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back