[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 22, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #48 of 5,962
Quote:
I recently tried the L1 at a Philips Retail store and I can almost assure you, the X1 is way better!!
It sounds much more "neutral" and does not have that "dark" sound sig.

Awesome. This is getting interesting now...

Methinks these are ticking all the marks in terms of features so far. Hopefully they live up to the task in the sound department.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #49 of 5,962
Found some apparent specs via Google Translate on a Chinese website:

-Freq. Response: 10Hz-40kHz
-THD: <0.1%
-3m OFC copper cable, gold-plated plug, 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter

They also said that the X1 uses real leather in its construction. It would be nice to see some actual measurements of distortion as well. It's kind of a useless spec without any kind of context. The L1 also claims <0.1% THD, but Tyll's measurements suggest that it is almost uniformly above 0.1%. Hopefully he or somebody else ends up getting their hands on these sometime.

Updating OP now...

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #56 of 5,962
Thanks for all the info. Super excited about this headphone! Excited enough to finally join Head-Fi after browsing on & off for years.

happy_face1.gif

Looks to be everything I liked about the L1 but even better. I'm looking for a headphone for home/office use that is:

1. Comfortable for hours, in particular doesn't overheat the ears (happy about the open design and micro-fiber pad covers).
  2. Sensitive enough to power by a simple amp/DAC like NuForce HDP (don't like amps heating my small room).
  3. Good looks (otherwise I'd probably have bought some Sennheisers by now. Joke! I don't have the balls to insult Senns around here).
  4. Sounds nice and not fatiguing (honestly I'd be fine with bass emphasis of the L1, but hopefully a little more flat).

I look forward to more hands on impressions guys.

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #57 of 5,962
Quote:
  1. Good looks (otherwise I'd probably have bought some Sennheisers by now. Joke! I don't have the balls to insult Senns around here).

Be not afraid.

The HD800 is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen in my life. I wouldn't buy it even if it had the most amazing sound of any other headphone.

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #58 of 5,962
Phillps. Just take my money, I want one. The L1 didn't do it for me(finish felt a little rough, pads not removeable), but these look great. If they have changeable pads I'll be looking for the £300-400 to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back