[New] Philips Fidelio X1
May 12, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #4,411 of 5,962
Sorry can`t help, have no other experience beside T1 amp (except cheap ELE EL-D02 dac/amp which suits ok with X1). But what DAC are You using? Or You don`t have DAC and want only amp? I personally, based on user impressions and reviews, would go with T1 if You don`t have DAC. But then again, without changing Aune T1 capacitors, amp portion might sound littlebit bright-sided. If You want only amp, then I would look towards Darkvoice 336se probably. But I really can`t recommend something I do not have experience with. I guess You have to do Your own research or if You have chance to try something on local shop or friends gear.

No DAC either. Thanks for your reply I'm gonna try out the T1 at a local shop and see how it goes. What tube are you using and what music do you listen to?

May 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #4,412 of 5,962
My admiration of these headphones has elicited a great deal of gushing from me, to the frustration of my friends. :wink:

Seriously though, no replaceable pads? ***, Philips. Making me have to resort to a mod job sometime down the road...

May 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #4,413 of 5,962
  My admiration of these headphones has elicited a great deal of gushing from me, to the frustration of my friends. :wink:

Seriously though, no replaceable pads? ***, Philips. Making me have to resort to a mod job sometime down the road...

Yeah, I finally resorted to the panty-hose mod job. It was silly easy though, and provides a bit of peace of mind, so I`m glad that I finally got it done. Still, *** lol!

May 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #4,414 of 5,962

Sorry can`t help, have no other experience beside T1 amp (except cheap ELE EL-D02 dac/amp which suits ok with X1). But what DAC are You using? Or You don`t have DAC and want only amp? I personally, based on user impressions and reviews, would go with T1 if You don`t have DAC. But then again, without changing Aune T1 capacitors, amp portion might sound littlebit bright-sided. If You want only amp, then I would look towards Darkvoice 336se probably. But I really can`t recommend something I do not have experience with. I guess You have to do Your own research or if You have chance to try something on local shop or friends gear.

No DAC either. Thanks for your reply I'm gonna try out the T1 at a local shop and see how it goes. What tube are you using and what music do you listen to?

Mainly Siemens E88CC grey shield goldpin but also Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8/ECC88 GAC and Ultron SQ PCC189. Check my profile about music, shortly - everything.

May 13, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #4,415 of 5,962
Well for those that doesn't want tube amps and don't want to be spending over a kidney, a lung and some vital organs, I find the solid state Aune X1 Pro to be the best fit with the Fidelio X1, period (unless you like a wildly different signature, like more bass).

After over a week of owning them, I can confidently say the X1 Pro does the Fidelio X1 justice. I've already written my early impressions a few pages back, but the TLDR is; tighter bass, more forwrard, fluid mids, even more energy in the treble without sounding harsh.
Power is there to boot and it improves the dynamics of the Fidelio X1 over something like say the popular E17 pairing.

How much is it? I paid $195 for it. Yes, $195. That's cheaper than a Schiit M&M stack and it comes with even more inputs for convenience sake.
The bonus? It has support for DSD files too.

Aune has limited 100 units for its first launch, but I'm pretty sure wtih the feedback so far, they are eager to ramp up production on the X1 Pro along with the new T1 MK2.

May 13, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #4,416 of 5,962

...along with the new T1 MK2.

What? New version is coming? I haven`t heard anything about it yet. Any link for information about it? 

Sorry for offtopic.

May 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #4,417 of 5,962
  What? New version is coming? I haven`t heard anything about it yet. Any link for information about it? 

Sorry for offtopic.

It's available where I live now (Malaysia) - http://www.lelong.com.my/aune-t1-mk2-tube-usb-dac-starspicker-I1725905-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

Aune has probably some of the worse web designer and admin for their site, it's outdated, barely have any useful info. You need to source their info out from their own private community forums or go to authorised distributors.

May 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #4,418 of 5,962
Ok. I thought they will add optical input or do other stuff. I have no problems or jitter with synchronus USB and most of my music material is under 24-bit 192kHz FLAC`s anyway, so for me personally this minor and not needed upgrade. 

May 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #4,423 of 5,962
Lucky you!
I have the Fisual S-Flex mini cable. In fact I had ordered it the same day I ordered my Fidelio X1.
While it is superior to the stock cable, it is not that good.
After a couple of months I ordered a "KabelDirekt Pro series 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable" because I wanted a longer one for my headphones.
And guess what: The KabelDIrekt cable sounds much better than the Fisual S-Flex mini and is much cheaper (less than half of the price).
Believe it or not, my Fisual S-Flex mini cable sits permanently in the drawer.

This is the link of the KabelDirekt cable I 've mentioned:
http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-Series-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00DI8A05Q/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back