[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #4,111 of 5,962
so or so... they are Bassy
Bass is really good but thats typical basshead bass

dont know how to tell but DT 990 PRO had just amazin instrumental separation comparing to X1

of course i will give it 1 week time and burnin but i cannot feel that X1 can pull so much in middle zone

EQ doesnt help...

it sound good as it sound but for me its too warm

it is great headphone to hear hiphop or electro for example
but for Rock, Jazz or Acoustics no way

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #4,115 of 5,962
  just tried Dire straits Your latest trick and Saxophone sucks comparing to DT 990 PRO
there is too great difference

Guess you probably should just stick with the DT990 Pro. Saying this sucks and that stinks and so on doesn't really say much at all. I have the X1s, with some burn in and using them with the C&C BH Amp and my iPod Classic (160GB), lossy or lossless (I have an iPod for each format), the X1s sound fantastic with rock and acoustic not just hip hop or bass tracks. No, they are not neutral, balanced "audiophile"-type phones, but to just say they stink, etc., serves no real purpose. Sources can make a difference, maybe cables, etc. I am using the Mediabridge short cable with them, again, they sound great to me. I owned the HD598, HD600, SR-225i and AT-AD900x and prefer the X1s. Anyway, doubtful they will turn your views around in a week. 

Crispy details? You mean you prefer a more treble-tipped sound? I find no problems with the track you mention, though I don't have the DT990s here to compare. Listening to it right now. Oh well. My guess is the X1s are not for you.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,116 of 5,962
hey...calm down
when i say it sucks i dont want to offend somebody :) its just disappointed reaction when u expect lot more

and DT 990 PRO arent even balanced anyway :)

dont get me like , i was on linear balanced headphone and came to basshead or something like that

DT 990 PRO ist pretty V shaped

i would suppose, you like that warm sound
the headphones you listed should be all warm sounding
and probably i just dont like it :)

what X1 lacks comparing to DT 990 PRO ist just that reality ,crispy airness in details
i know my records and i cant hear lots of details on X1

i give it time of course...

do u guys have some problem with critical POV?

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #4,117 of 5,962
No, criticism is valid and understandable. On the flip side, I read some reviews of the DT990s and there are a few people who have nothing good to say about them, calling them screechy treble machines, stuff like that. So my only point is, you probably are not gonna like the X1s. Saying they are lousy compared to a different headphone, the DT990, is not really going to make much difference to people who like the X1s. Your view is valid, but saying they suck/stink and are not going to work with specific genres won't help anyone decide whether or not to try them. To me, it's a matter of preference. Your preference is for "crispy" sounding phones, which I get. The X1s are not crispy and won't be no matter how much you burn them in.

And no, I am not just a fan of warm sound signatures. I own a pair of CIEMs that are not overly warm and I like them fine. Same with some of my less expensive IEMs. With my amp/iPod combo (the amp has an LF switch that does give a small treble boost), the X1s sound great. I never use them unamped, so can't comment on that. Using HP out was never an option with the X1s for me.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #4,118 of 5,962
  hey...calm down
when i say it sucks i dont want to offend somebody :) its just disappointed reaction when u expect lot more

and DT 990 PRO arent even balanced anyway :)

dont get me like , i was on linear balanced headphone and came to basshead or something like that

DT 990 PRO ist pretty V shaped

i would suppose, you like that warm sound
the headphones you listed should be all warm sounding
and probably i just dont like it :)

what X1 lacks comparing to DT 990 PRO ist just that reality ,crispy airness in details
i know my records and i cant hear lots of details on X1

i give it time of course...

do u guys have some problem with critical POV?

Also, the Grado SR225i is not a warm sounding phone, and I still have the SR80s, also not warm sounding, and like them too with the right pads.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #4,120 of 5,962
  No, criticism is valid and understandable. On the flip side, I read some reviews of the DT990s and there are a few people who have nothing good to say about them, calling them screechy treble machines, stuff like that. So my only point is, you probably are not gonna like the X1s. Saying they are lousy compared to a different headphone, the DT990, is not really going to make much difference to people who like the X1s. Your view is valid, but saying they suck/stink and are not going to work with specific genres won't help anyone decide whether or not to try them. To me, it's a matter of preference. Your preference is for "crispy" sounding phones, which I get. The X1s are not crispy and won't be no matter how much you burn them in.

And no, I am not just a fan of warm sound signatures. I own a pair of CIEMs that are not overly warm and I like them fine. Same with some of my less expensive IEMs. With my amp/iPod combo (the amp has an LF switch that does give a small treble boost), the X1s sound great. I never use them unamped, so can't comment on that. Using HP out was never an option with the X1s for me.

+1 brother

But he might come around. At first, c64 was also underwhelmed and disappointed with them, but he seems to really appreciate them now after letting them burn in and after getting used to their sound signature.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #4,121 of 5,962
  its ok dude :)
i am not going to critisice your taste
it doesnt matter for me in this case and not for this thread :)

i just would like to enjoy X1 as you do it :) but so far...i cant, u know :)
thats all...

Fair enough. Just to clarify the DT990 review comment, many other people LOVE their sound. So that was my point, I guess. I hope you do eventually enjoy the X1s. Also, comfort-wise they work great for me too, seems other owners also find them a good fit, not scratchy, etc. Some people are modding them by covering the pads, which also could avoid any scratchiness.

Perhaps one can't love both the DT990s AND the X1s, not sure. I have owned many treble-heavy IEMs too, and eventually settled for phones with more bass emphasis, though a detailed bass, which I think the X1s do deliver.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4,122 of 5,962
As i said :) i would like to enjoy them and i give them couple of days but at least one week :)

I suppose, only thing what burns in,  are my ears :) they are tuned on DT 990 Pro sound probably :)

i am the last guy to diss some product
no interest at all doing that

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #4,124 of 5,962
according to that review:

earpads are velours...dude, did u ever try beyers with velour?
philips are some cheap coating

and soundstage comparing to DT 880?

cooomee ooooon...dude....

you cant be serious god damned...i am really wrong here if you mean it seriously

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #4,125 of 5,962
Yea it doesn't hit you straight away you have to really sit down and listen and compare it's just not got that OTT sparkly treble

When I said sources I meant as in amp soundcard dac etc these need an amp ( people say they don't but I had to go up on the e6 volume compared to 300ohm cans so no idea whats going on there )

The dt990 will sound better unamped or straight from a soundcard analogue out at 100ohm because the dt990 have a sharper treble so you could be mistaking that for detail

What i love about the x1 is you still have all the details and stuff you will hear on recording you cannot on other cans but it does it in a rolled off less harsh way but it's very musical I got details and things ive never heard before dancing all around my head here

Way I see it the x1 are analogue and the beyers and momentums etc are digital i prefer the analogue sound now to the sharp pronounced sparkly treble and taught timbrey (is there such a word) bass

I think I would definitely be in the love sennheiser hd650 camp

What are you running the x1 from ? a xonar dx ?

Pink floyd and sabbath both sound amazing to me even on a lowly fiio e6 these cans must be on another level through something like an eph-02 amp i cannot wait to get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back