[New] Philips Fidelio X1
May 31, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,337 of 5,962
Has anyone tried this one? "Fisual S-Flex Mini 1.5m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369988951&sr=1-27&keywords=Fisual

May 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,338 of 5,962
They look good. Tiny plug, don't know if they will improve sound quality tough but they might be worth it nonetheless since it's a tangle free cable and shorter, thus more practical depending on the application.

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,339 of 5,962
I have access to multimeters. How do you go about measuring a cable with them?

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #1,341 of 5,962
... and get a rather pointless number indicating DC resistance. Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable.
While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent. And yes: I did test cables. A long time ago... when I was young and still believed in magic :wink:

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,342 of 5,962
Quote:
Impedance might be somewhat more interesting but don't expect any wonders by changing a cable. While the stock Philips cable seems to have a rather high resistance and purchasing one with a lower value might be interesting I'd never spend an amount anyway near the costs of the headphone itself and expect changes in the order of money spent.

Don't worry, I don't expect them to change much, and I would also never spend that kind of money on a cable.  $15 is probably the max I'd spend on one.  The Philips cable is a little long though, so I might pick shorter one to keep the wire mess in check.

Also, I have a "replug" break-away adapter that I keep handy.  I wonder if it would be worth plugging into the X1 to protect the jack from a hard yanking.  I assume it wouldn't affect the sound.

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #1,345 of 5,962
Quote:
thats a good price, ever bought from there?  what happens if it's bust?

I've bought mine from amazon.it, but it had very bad sibilance what no one experienced so I decided to send it back.
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!
(then I bought the he400 and now I'm sure something was wrong with the x1...the he400 is not sibilant where the x1 used to hurt my ears...it was really bad..I experience no sibilance with the he400.
I would try the X1 again though)

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #1,346 of 5,962
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler. Of course, if you use the italian variant, you need google translate to click right links.. :wink:

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,347 of 5,962
Quote:
Contacted them, they were very nice. I posted it back and upon receiveing they have sent a full refund. And they refunded the shipping price as well!

Quote:
Well Amazon is amazon, no matter what country you use. You don't have to even "contact" anyone, simply go to your account orders and press "return item" etc and ship it, couldn't be simpler.

Good to know.

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,348 of 5,962
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.

I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,349 of 5,962
So I got these a few days ago.

Right out of the box the stock cable made the headphone play out of the left side only.
I already have the m100 so I used the cable from those and it fixed that problem.
Upon listening to them i noticed one side is louder than the other...

Going to see if I can get a replacement to canada
mad.gif
and if they will take care of shipping and stuff

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #1,350 of 5,962
Quote:
About to pull the trigger on these from Amazon.

I'm planning on replacing the cable with a V-Moda one which looks to be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I need one end to be a 1/4 jack, and the X1 apparently comes with a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter. Will I be good to go or should I also get an adapter from V-Moda to go along with the cable?

Depends on your source. The headphone connector is 3.5, so if the source you are using is 3.5, then you are good. If it is 6.35 then get the adapter. One thing I will say, I got the 4 pole with the mic, and it doesn't like my 6.35 adapter. I wish I had just gotten the cable without the mic.

-Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back