[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 24, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #5,327 of 5,962
Hey guys, im sure it has been asked before but i just want your opinions on this.

Do you think the X1 will be a good fit with a sound blaster z?
Im currently using an x-fi xtremegamer and i was wondering it it would be a good upgrade to go along with these new headphones.

Are cards like the STX and ZXR really worth it?

Used mostly for gaming, then movies, then music 

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #5,328 of 5,962
  Hey guys, im sure it has been asked before but i just want your opinions on this.

Im currently using an x-fi xtremegamer and i was wondering it it would be a good upgrade to go along with these new headphones.

Thanks!

I believe the best choice would be an external DAC/amp unless you need the convenience of having a soundcard (like bringing a computer to lan parties and the like). My current setup of a Topping TP30 and a Topping D20 cost me less than it does for a new Asus Xonar Essence STX and I'm loving what I'm hearing for what I've paid. That said, Asus' Xonar line has been said to be pretty decent though I dunno how it compares with the XFI Xtremegamer.

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #5,329 of 5,962

Thanks!

You will love the X1 for all of those things.  See if you can find a pair used for $120-$180.  I bought mine used and couldn't be happier.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #5,330 of 5,962

You will love the X1 for all of those things.  See if you can find a pair used for $120-$180.  I bought mine used and couldn't be happier.

Got mine for about 160USD used, but also comes with a DIY'ed 3rd party cable at about 1.4m long, awesome value! Oh yeah, left my X1 on its side on a while piece of paper for about 12 hours, no stain on the paper whatsoever, guess I lucked out, eh?
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #5,331 of 5,962
^ sorry to hear that mikey... the dye adds quite a bit of detail and clarity to the highs and also tightens up the bass. Oh well, I'm sure yours still sound fine.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #5,333 of 5,962

I believe the best choice would be an external DAC/amp unless you need the convenience of having a soundcard (like bringing a computer to lan parties and the like). My current setup of a Topping TP30 and a Topping D20 cost me less than it does for a new Asus Xonar Essence STX and I'm loving what I'm hearing for what I've paid. That said, Asus' Xonar line has been said to be pretty decent though I dunno how it compares with the XFI Xtremegamer.

Hi thanks for the reply! I was thinking though what about the positional audio and audio effects? Im gonna be using these mostly for gaming and i think positional audio is pretty crucial right? 

Hi thanks for the reply! Oh i already got the earphones. Now im just tyring to get a good soundcard or whatnot to go with it.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #5,334 of 5,962
If You have good matching amp/dac for X1 then no audio surround processing/effects are needed for accuracy/soundstage in gaming imho.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #5,336 of 5,962
I`ve seen comments and impressions that E10 isn`t good match for X1. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5,337 of 5,962
  I`ve seen comments and impressions that E10 isn`t good match for X1. 

Didn't come up with much in the search. Where did you read this?

Also, what is a good dac/amp combo for the Fidelio X1? Anyone here using the modi/magni? Please post some impressions. Thanks

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #5,338 of 5,962
I read it in here head-fi, X1 threads, there are more X1 threads than this, use forum search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back