[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #5,251 of 5,962
Maybe it`s just the glue crackling there because they are still new and "unbended"? Mine doesn`t do any cracky sounds while bending.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #5,253 of 5,962
Just wondering, 
many people are saying that the stock cables shouldnt be used.

I was able to find these "Just hook it up" by monster cables. Would these be any good?

I emailed them asking what was the impedance, they replied 100ohms. I think im probably missing something here...

Edit: they sent another reply saying that the cable is about 4 ohm resistance? O_o

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #5,255 of 5,962
I sent back my first-gen X1's with ink-leaking pads, and received a new pair that no longer leaks ink.

The new pair has more detailed highs that now sound very similar to the X2 (when compared side by side). Bass still has the same powerful impact, but the treble is even more crisp than my "old" X1's.

It seems that Philips has fixed the ear pad ink-leaks with this latest batch of X1's, and has tweaked the drivers to improve the treble. They now sound so similar to the X2's that I am no longer going to sell them to upgrade to the X2's.

tl;dr New X1's no longer leak ink from the ear pads, has more detailed treble that now closely resembles the highs of the X2

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #5,256 of 5,962
New batch of X1 ? Where? X1 is discontinued by manufacturer some time ago already! I think You just got so fresh pair that hasn`t smoothed out highs yet. Playtime hours will afftect it.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #5,258 of 5,962
  I sent back my first-gen X1's with ink-leaking pads, and received a new pair that no longer leaks ink.

The new pair has more detailed highs that now sound very similar to the X2 (when compared side by side). Bass still has the same powerful impact, but the treble is even more crisp than my "old" X1's.

It seems that Philips has fixed the ear pad ink-leaks with this latest batch of X1's, and has tweaked the drivers to improve the treble. They now sound so similar to the X2's that I am no longer going to sell them to upgrade to the X2's.

tl;dr New X1's no longer leak ink from the ear pads, has more detailed treble that now closely resembles the highs of the X2

leaks ink?

Do you wear any kind of hair gel or apply oil to your hair? My velour pads leak "ink"/oil because of that.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #5,259 of 5,962
I do not wear any gel or oil in my hair and only use the headphones after my hair has been washed.

I believe it was the pads themselves, as others in this thread have had the same problem. The ink the pads leak is a dark blue/purple.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #5,260 of 5,962
Never noticed any ink with my X1 and I have removed pads and washed them also without any problems. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #5,262 of 5,962
It`s same as with X2, just hot-glue is between and first removal must be done carefully. Just posted about it on previous page: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/5235#post_11378627

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #5,263 of 5,962
Really, maybe my pads leak ink then. Didn't realize that was a problem. 

I have been meaning to wash them, but I just can't see myself being without them for a day or more waiting for them to dry :)

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #5,264 of 5,962
They dry pretty fast. I just soaked them several times with squeezing empty in hot water and after that put them on household papers and squeezed again between them so almost all the water came away. Left them dry on warm place for few hours and they were totally dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back