[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jul 12, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #4,715 of 5,962

Both seem to do the job well. Slappa seems to be a bit tighter on the pads tho. CASEBUDi doesn't 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/3900

Thanks, so the Casebudi seems to be the better choice, will try to find one from the EU.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #4,716 of 5,962
Got the X1 2 days ago and enjoying them immensely.
I'm listening to them from my (old) AVC-A10SE and the sound is excellent.
Not too sure if I need an amp/dac when it's already sounding great but I might try something in the future, something for my laptop (though I haven't even heard it yet from my Dell E5530).
I replaced the cable with a lower resistance cable and there's definitely some difference, it's more alive, more direct.
Couldn't be happier.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #4,717 of 5,962
  Can anyone recommend a good case for the X1, preferably available in the EU?
I love the X1 so much I am taking it on a holiday :)

The CASEBUDi Headphone XL Case Interior Dimensions: 9" x 8" x 4.5"
Your Philips Fidelio X1 Dimensions: 8.3" x 7.9" x 3.9"
Should be a good fit.

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #4,719 of 5,962
Being an open backed headphone, just about as much sound radiates out as it does in. Take a pair of closed back HPs, play some music at a preferred listening level and hold them in front of you - it's like that. I work in an open office environment and my coworkers could hear what I was playing. I am sure my wife would not approve if I tried them in bed...

Edit: 100th post!

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #4,720 of 5,962
Being an open backed headphone, just about as much sound radiates out as it does in. Take a pair of closed back HPs, play some music at a preferred listening level and hold them in front of you - it's like that. I work in an open office environment and my coworkers could hear what I was playing. I am sure my wife would not approve if I tried them in bed...

Thats a shame, these seemed to fit what am looking for perfectly.

Music and Gaming what would be the next best thing? would like some bass also.

Thanks

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #4,721 of 5,962
  Thats a shame, these seemed to fit what am looking for perfectly.

Music and Gaming what would be the next best thing? would like some bass also.

Thanks

Keep in mind that any open backed headphone (AKG, Senn, Beyer - pick your poison) leak sound - it is the nature of the beast. This does not take away from the incredible sound quality (and value) of the X1. It's just a matter of preference or, in this case, convenience.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,722 of 5,962
I've kind of been in and out of this thread, but I wanted to chime in and say the X1 + LD1+ is an amazing combination.  For the most part I have been using the X1 with a Fiio E17 at my office, but I brought them home this weekend to give them a go with some of my bigger amps.  The LD1+ is the first one I've tried and I was blown away.  Sounds huge!

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #4,723 of 5,962
I've kind of been in and out of this thread, but I wanted to chime in and say the X1 + LD1+ is an amazing combination.  For the most part I have been using the X1 with a Fiio E17 at my office, but I brought them home this weekend to give them a go with some of my bigger amps.  The LD1+ is the first one I've tried and I was blown away.  Sounds huge!

Wow no kidding? I would love to hear a detailed comparison.

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #4,724 of 5,962
Wow no kidding? I would love to hear a detailed comparison.

I was surprised, but the X1 sounds like a whole new animal.  the bass is to die for, very very deep, rattles your brain but without smearing everything else.  the treble and mids seem to have opened up too, they are still warm but not as much as before, the LD1+ add some aggression to the sound.  that's the best way I can describe the difference.  Going to try the WA6 and LD MKIII tomorrow.

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #4,725 of 5,962

What tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back