[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Apr 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #4,351 of 5,962
  Hi,
Can anyone with the X1's confirm if they fit the Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009NE7B06/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FPT0OQ6JY83E

Is it a good option for a carry case for the X1's? I am searching for an option to transport them on my backpack from home to the office and vice-versa... :)

Thanks.
Cheers!

What about this one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JMDL9A6/ref=gno_cart_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ACH85CKB843GG

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #4,352 of 5,962
  Hi,
Can anyone with the X1's confirm if they fit the Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009NE7B06/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FPT0OQ6JY83E

Is it a good option for a carry case for the X1's? I am searching for an option to transport them on my backpack from home to the office and vice-versa... :)

Thanks.
Cheers!

It fits them well.  May have to remove the cable.  I've had that case for a couple years and am pleased with the purchase. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #4,353 of 5,962
Thanks for information! Might get them also due to X1 pads gathering dust/fibre easily.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #4,354 of 5,962
  Hi,

Thanks.
Cheers!

I had the Slappa.  It works fine for transport but its a bit tight and squishes the ear pads a bit so I wouldn't recommend it for storage.

I now use the CASEBUDi XL case which is a bit roomier and more understated in the looks department than the Slappa (and I think lighter too). http://www.amazon.com/CASEBUDi-Headphone-Case-Extra-Large/dp/B00BF6IKL4/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398781630&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=casebudi+xlarge

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #4,356 of 5,962
Are these going to mismatch a Yamaha HTR 6230 receiver headphone amp? Curious as to whether I should get an Astro Mixamp for PS3/360 gaming purposes. I'm leaning towards no due to no DTS support and just seems against my morals to buy expensive console gear. 

What is the best "match" for these in terms of amp? Some are using crazy high impedance amps, some say no amp is required... It makes a man's life difficult in deciding on an amp, lol. 

Thanks.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #4,357 of 5,962
The only way to find out what works for you is to try things... being a low impedance can, you would want an amp with a low output impedance to help give better control and reduce bass bloating. Many receivers just use the speaker output + resistors to limit power, causing them to have a very high output impedance (470 Ohm if I'm reading the manual for your Yamaha correctly).

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #4,358 of 5,962
Thanks, I also read that in the manual. Kinda sucks as it'd be nice to plug consoles optical into receiver and receiver into headphones for use with volune remote and surround features.

Now I must get an Astro mixamp or thinking about feeding PS3 into a Magni for headphone amplification.

Are Magni and X1s a good match? I know it would make the PS3 lose all surround features but hmm...

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #4,359 of 5,962
Thanks, I also read that in the manual. Kinda sucks as it'd be nice to plug consoles optical into receiver and receiver into headphones for use with volune remote and surround features.

Now I must get an Astro mixamp or thinking about feeding PS3 into a Magni for headphone amplification.

Are Magni and X1s a good match? I know it would make the PS3 lose all surround features but hmm...

Uhh what's the problem there?
Mixamp > Magni > X1.

No issues at all.

You double amp, but whatever. It's not like the distortion will be audible anyways.

The Magni is a decent match with the X1, has the power obviously but due to the nature of the Magni being quite neutral, it does help to tighten the bass on the X1 a bit.

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #4,360 of 5,962
The problem is that I don't have the Magni or the Mixamp. Everything is plugged into my receiver, which is mismatched for the X1s. So now I must buy more stuff and complicate my setup... but I love gadgets, so hard to be mad. My receiver isn't that great so I don't trust it with headphones anyway.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #4,361 of 5,962
Wondering if anyone has experience with the audio gd 15.32 or 11.32. Going to moving into some new monitors for the home office as my current computer speakers sound like crap. Thing I like about the audio gd is they have the preamp out after the DAC and a switch on the front to make cable stuff easy. Everything I read is the 11 are more reference and remove some base while the 15 are warmer. I don't mind warm obviously since I still use the x1 but I don't want to hurt rest of the ranges.
Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4,362 of 5,962
I'd go for the 11.32 iamshakes. It'll tighten up the bass making it less sloppy. Confirmed using a Sabre Compass 2 - and the bass is still there allright. Don't worry about it 'removing' bass by any means.

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #4,363 of 5,962
I was worried there would not be enough bass with these... That is not a concern (coming from an extreme basshead). Best part about the bass is that it sounds great (maybe even too much for some) at neutral, and EQing down is better than EQing up!
These are great.
I'm still using stock cable because radioshack is charging $16 for a 6 ft, and my BoomPro mic comes in a few days. I did swap an RCA > 1/8" with an adapter but didn't notice any difference. 

Can anyone comment on the break in period? 

Shame about the cable... so sexy and it just feels really light and excellent. 

These things sure are comfortable, that's an understatement. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #4,364 of 5,962
@Voltmod - took about a week for me to break them in..... or a week for my brain to be broken in. Probably a combination of both.

Agree with you that you can EQ out unwanted freq's, but trying to boost them never really works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back