[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #2,358 of 5,962
Quote:
Is it working better with the BH or the E12?

Finally switched over to the E12 (off of C3). More listening time required before I can make any definitive statements, but the first thing that comes to mind is that the X1's sound awesome off the E12 (v1) also. Seems tighter with the E12, and the E12 v1's bass boost (which really is a sub-bass boost) kind of pushes the X1's bass into goosebump territory. Yup.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,359 of 5,962
I noticed a problem with my current (basslight) X1. The driver matching wasn't done very well or done at all. The whole bass area from 30-150hz is shifted noticably to the left. I tested that with sinus testtones. Ok so my pair slipped through QC, maybe that's the reason it sounds so different.
Fast forward and today i got my replacement pair from Amazon. I still have both models here and can supply pics if anyone doubts me. Well in direct comparison with X1 No2 this new No3 has even less bass than No2 by about 1-2dB. It however has perfectly matched drivers as long that's judgeable by the ear.

Serial Numbers:

X1 No1: PY1A1233000553 (bass heavy)
X1 No2: PY1A1319008234 (normal)
X1 No3: PY1A1321009100 (bass light)

So we have some scenarios:

1. Philips is going through extremly heavy variations and thus ****ty manufacturing/qc standards
2. Philips lowered the bass in general and is fighting normal variations in manufacturing (1-3dB)
3. I must be VERY unlucky getting 2 basslight models in a row

This is the only post i will do in this regard. All further informaton i collect, i'll keep for myself. Don't shoot the messenger guys...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,362 of 5,962
Quote:
i have the last one the bass light version(only my ends on 9000 not 9100)according to you but i do not think it's bass light rather bass heavy,so i am doubting your idea of different versions have you asked Philips about it...?

First: And once again someone has a hard time interpreting my posts. i never said all newer Philips behave like that. I have 2 that do so, i documented my impressions and gave the serial numbers to document this. I gave 3 possible scenarios (speculation!) and _nothing_ else.

Second: These kind of comparisons are uber useless because everyone has a different perceptions of what's bass heavy, normal, light. Someones bass-light is another persons bass-heavy.I had 3 X1 to compare and all vs the same gear and this what i heard. It's so easy... take it or leave it. I don't give a .... what you guys think and i'm not going to discuss this topic further on my end.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #2,363 of 5,962
Quote:

First: And once again someone has a hard time interpreting my posts. i never said all newer Philips behave like that. I have 2 that do so, i documented my impressions and gave the serial numbers to document this. I gave 3 possible scenarios (speculation!) and _nothing_ else.

Second: These kind of comparisons are uber useless because everyone has a different perceptions of what's bass heavy, normal, light. Someones bass-light is another persons bass-heavy.I had 3 X1 to compare and all vs the same gear and this what i heard. It's so easy... take it or leave it. I don't give a .... what you guys think and i'm not going to discuss this topic further on my end.

Not sure why you posted in the first place then.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,365 of 5,962
Quote:
I noticed a problem with my current (basslight) X1. The driver matching wasn't done very well or done at all. The whole bass area from 30-150hz is shifted noticably to the left. I tested that with sinus testtones. Ok so my pair slipped through QC, maybe that's the reason it sounds so different.
Fast forward and today i got my replacement pair from Amazon. I still have both models here and can supply pics if anyone doubts me. Well in direct comparison with X1 No2 this new No3 has even less bass than No2 by about 1-2dB. It however has perfectly matched drivers as long that's judgeable by the ear.

Serial Numbers:

X1 No1: PY1A1233000553 (bass heavy)
X1 No2: PY1A1319008234 (normal)
X1 No3: PY1A1321009100 (bass light)

So we have some scenarios:

1. Philips is going through extremly heavy variations and thus ****ty manufacturing/qc standards
2. Philips lowered the bass in general and is fighting normal variations in manufacturing (1-3dB)
3. I must be VERY unlucky getting 2 basslight models in a row

This is the only post i will do in this regard. All further informaton i collect, i'll keep for myself. Don't shoot the messenger guys...
rolleyes.gif

This is what I mean by avoiding false impressions, because then the community will swear by your assumptions.

Quote:
i have the last one the bass light version(only my ends on 9000 not 9100)according to you but i do not think it's bass light rather bass heavy,so i am doubting your idea of different versions have you asked Philips about it...?

^Where exactly does he misinterpret your post? I see no reference to this in his post, whatsoever. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me... 

Quote:

You are making no sense, still, days later. Just let it go, man. All you are doing is adding unnecessary confusion.

Quote:
Not sure why you posted in the first place then.

Exactly...

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #2,368 of 5,962
Ok... moving on... Anyone actually like the sound from the stock cable?  I finally tried it out and you know what, the sound was actually pretty good.  Kind of nice and warm.  If it ended with just  a 3.5mm plug, I would even consider using it for daily use.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #2,369 of 5,962
I stated I like the sound, and that it's slightly warmer and more pleasant, but less detailed, and slightly slower bass. I prefer the more detai and better control a cable swap has.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,370 of 5,962
I like the stock cable.  I had my doubts about what a cable swap would do, but I found it to be fairly significant.  With a Mediabridge cable I notice less bass (quantity), more detailed bass (test this with a sub bass dubstep run and you'll notice a large difference), and more treble/sparkle.  In the end, I chose to stick with the Mediabridge cable as I enjoy the detailed bass and the bump in treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back