[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #2,341 of 5,962
Listening to the X1 quite a bit (off of my Colorfly C3 + C&C BH). These things do not suck. Rock sounds amazing. Because the bass is so bold, I keep expecting my ears to be beaten bloody by resonance. But no, the bass is bold and huge without being bloated, boomy or fatiguing. Awesome.

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #2,342 of 5,962
I have the Arrow 3G and it is a great match.

Thanks!

Do you know what the output impedance is on the 3g, and the Hifiman 601?

I have them both and reasently got the X1. I think the both sound great with the cans but maby the voices sound a bit in the background of what I am used to. Maby the open up with some more hours. I will altso try another cable in a few days that a orderd: "Supra".

I am quite new in both headphones and english languish, sorry about the spelling :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #2,343 of 5,962
Quote:
Oh ok,

So using optical out to mixamp in DD output setting for Soundblaster ZX will be more ideal than directly connecting to the ZX headphone output? Sorry pardon my ignorance on impedance mismatch

Damn damn and double damn, I bought the Zx  as well.  

I'm assuming you're going to use the mixamp pro (note not the 5.8) by plugging it directly into the spdif socket and ditch the crystalvoice headphone extension?

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #2,344 of 5,962
Quote:
Listening to the X1 quite a bit (off of my Colorfly C3 + C&C BH). These things do not suck. Rock sounds amazing. Because the bass is so bold, I keep expecting my ears to be beaten bloody by resonance. But no, the bass is bold and huge without being bloated, boomy or fatiguing. Awesome.

Is it working better with the BH or the E12?

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,348 of 5,962
Quote:
How is heard in terms of bass and mids Contact - Daft Punk and Get Lucky in music fidelio x1 ... thanks ....

Contact was fine, but not very special to me. The intro was very good, the low beat every 3 seconds (starting after the intro) was very nice and not overshadowing the rest of the song, the rest of the music was good. The downside: some would say different but I wasn't really enjoying the part starting at 3:15 since the slow sweep (starting low and going up) was too harsh for me. At 4.50 it gets awesome again but when reaching 5.30 the sweep is getting harsh again and not very enjoyable. Maybe it's their purpose to sound it like this, but I wasn't enjoying it (however maybe you do).

Get Lucky sounds very good, no doubt about it. Everything in the song can be heard well. The bassy beat is prominent and the electronic tones are well blend in. In this song I don't find the singing to be further away, it's just fine! However do not expect to be hanging on their lips: the singing is smooth. Analysts or people who want to examine recordings wouldn't like this and would prefer a more neutral headphone, but for enjoying music this kind of X1-sound can be a plus. It's not fatiguing.

Then it's real subtle,cause i have very good ears....:)

Well since my stock cable is crap, the difference is huge 
tongue.gif
 But I must say that I have 3 spare 3.5mm cables lying around here and between those 2 of them sound pretty much the same. The last one is a bit clearer and more refined. Yes it's subtle, but when listening to the correct song you'll notice a difference. It depends on which cable you use. Good to know that the Belkin isn't one of those cables that can make a difference :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #2,350 of 5,962
^ which cable do you prefer?

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,351 of 5,962
a couple of guys took me up on my offer to build a cable. I was going to place an order for different parts in the next couple of days. I wanted to see if there was anybody else was interested before I ordered so I can save everybody a couple of bucks on shipping.

PM me and let me know. I'm gonna take the girls to Sea World in SD for the next two days. I'd like to at least place orders soon.

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #2,352 of 5,962
Oh man, I thought you were saying the Sea World here. Like 30 minutes away. I'd have gone to meet you to personally thank you. :)

edit: What english language

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #2,353 of 5,962
Quote:
Thanks!

Do you know what the output impedance is on the 3g, and the Hifiman 601?

I have them both and reasently got the X1. I think the both sound great with the cans but maby the voices sound a bit in the background of what I am used to. Maby the open up with some more hours. I will altso try another cable in a few days that a orderd: "Supra".

I am quite new in both headphones and english languish, sorry about the spelling :)

In this post HERE, the guy says that Robert (the Arrow maker) have said the output impedance is between 3 - 5 ohm. 

Don't worry about the spelling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back