NEW Monolith M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone
Mar 27, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #181 of 246
Heads up, Monoprice has open box m570 headphones for $120 with code "OPENBOX" (no quotes). At this price this should be an insta-buy for anyone even remotely curious about these. Ridiculous amount of headphone for the money! I paid $200 for mine and I feel like I got a steal. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=40749

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #183 of 246
Also there is a currently a 15% of promo code: 15OFFNOW with Monoprice that is applicable. $170 is a pretty sweet deal.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #185 of 246
Took advantage of the open box sale Monoprice was having to get a pair of these. Pretty nice headphones but that upper treble kind of bugged me a bit.

m570.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4816920

I created a 3d printable waveguide / fazor for the Monoprice Monolith M570. Place it top of the driver on the earside. Adhesive optional. Not sure how much of a difference it makes. I assume it'll work on any of the other variations of the Sendy Aiva. Please give feedback if you do give it a try!

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #186 of 246
Sorry to bump the thread again but I noticed going through some comments people also had grievances with the treble as well. In case you have some tape and a few minutes, there was an old tape trick with the Fostex T50RP that worked very well at smoothing out the treble. I was pleased to find the trick works on these headphones as well. Dan Clark sold something called doggie treats but you can just use any old tape you have around to cover the center of the driver. I've covered the whole height of the driver in the pic provided but I'll likely adjust it back down a bit to bring in a bit more sparkle.

Also pictured is a revision of the waveguide from the last post. You can download it here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4818553
tapefazor.png

Here is a video installing the Doggie Treats:

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #187 of 246
Sorry to bump the thread again but I noticed going through some comments people also had grievances with the treble as well. In case you have some tape and a few minutes, there was an old tape trick with the Fostex T50RP that worked very well at smoothing out the treble. I was pleased to find the trick works on these headphones as well. Dan Clark sold something called doggie treats but you can just use any old tape you have around to cover the center of the driver. I've covered the whole height of the driver in the pic provided but I'll likely adjust it back down a bit to bring in a bit more sparkle.

Also pictured is a revision of the waveguide from the last post. You can download it here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4818553
tapefazor.png

Here is a video installing the Doggie Treats:

can U post a track with too much treble? honestly they are completely tame, even more so than like the sundara which btw I like these more and not just because I got them half price but if I paid the same price I like they more holy hell they are so good why is this thread so short.... Maybe because my first audiophile headphone was DT990's or something and I was just in awe like a kid staring into the sun appreciating something I never had before

also here have this meme
54nw6h.jpg

Legit cheap, great build quality, surprisingly comfy, good SS and great detail and resolution with soundstage and freaking $200 gooood planars What is going on here??? This thread should be like 1000 pages long!

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #188 of 246
Not the M1570 thread but they have an OB M1570 for $300
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=40956

Can anyone else comment on using the sendy aiva pads on the M570? just having a hard time buying them since they look so similar and some comments on the sound differences especially soundstage, timbe, and bass... also my new M570 pads are already starting to crack around the hybrid part so What there

will say the Zen CAN I bough to use with the M1570 the 3D button elevates the M570, gunna tryout the 3D and bass boost now

edit- really like the bass boost it's not as good as the M1570 but it does have more slam with respectable and clean sub bass but the seperation of the mids and the treble vs the bass which would overwhelm most other drivers is insanely good

edit2- yeah it's $600 headphone bass easily with the Zen CAN damn..... it's very good

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #189 of 246
Not the M1570 thread but they have an OB M1570 for $300
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=40956

Can anyone else comment on using the sendy aiva pads on the M570? just having a hard time buying them since they look so similar and some comments on the sound differences especially soundstage, timbe, and bass... also my new M570 pads are already starting to crack around the hybrid part so What there

will say the Zen CAN I bough to use with the M1570 the 3D button elevates the M570, gunna tryout the 3D and bass boost now

edit- really like the bass boost it's not as good as the M1570 but it does have more slam with respectable and clean sub bass but the seperation of the mids and the treble vs the bass which would overwhelm most other drivers is insanely good

edit2- yeah it's $600 headphone bass easily with the Zen CAN damn..... it's very good
The Sendy pads might looks similar to the stock M570 pads, but they sound very different. The Sendy pads really clean up the sound across the spectrum, tighten the bass, make the mids clearer, and give the treble sparkle. Because of the sound signature changes, I would say the timbre sounds more natural. Soundstage isn't really changed. The stock pads aren't terrible, but I feel the Sendy pads are a definite improvement. That's just my 2 cents.

May 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #190 of 246
I've been a Monolith guy for a while, with a few modded M1060's and M1060C's under my belt, but I hadn't yet tried the M570. I have tried the Sendy Aiva and the Sivga P-II's and wasn't impressed with either of them, so I left the M570 alone since it's a variant of the same driver. About a week back Monoprice had them on sale for $199 and then there was a 15% off code as well so I figured what the hell, I'd give them a shot. They came in yesterday, and to me, these are out of the box better than both the Sendys and Sivgas. The stock pads on any of the variants are uncomfortable for me though (too small ear openings), so I had to pull out the sack of extra ear pads and do some listening. I tried several different pads and for me the MrSpeakers (now Dan Clark Audio) Alpha Pads won hands down. The distance from the driver gave some extra sound stage and the bass is improved noticeably with some extra slam. I also took the drivers out and lined the ear cup with a bit of thin felt to stop the tiniest bit of rattle I heard when sustained sub bass notes were played. NOTE: If anyone attempts the felt mod to the cups, the felt needs to be extremely thin or the driver won't seat in the cup correctly. And thanks for designing the fazor for these @PockyG, that may be the next mod I try. That or I may take them completely apart and sand and stain the cups like I recently did for my M1060C's (seen HERE). Anyway, here are some pics of my M570 with the Alpha pads and the start of the felt in the ear cups:

2021-05-22 (2).jpg2021-05-22.jpg2021-05-22 (4).jpg2021-05-22 (1).jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #191 of 246
iv had the m570 awhile ,an as of a month age there on a fully balanced setup dac/amp an cables this even solved my distortion plobelm at 700 - 900hz which i thought was the drivers per as some reviews stated but it turns out was somthing to do with my previos dac now with my DROP + GRACE DESIGN STANDARD DAC BALANCED / MAGNIUS BALANCED HEADPHONE AMP AND PREAMP thats all gone now ther great but all that being said the ear pads as you say no as good as can be but those Alpha Pads look far better which are those an how did you mount them on

this is my current up to date setup at some point id like those pads id think they improve the soundstageing a bit for me but also at some point i plan to add a external balanced eq the Peavey PV 215EQ Graphic Equalizer i like the physical knobs for fine tuning more the a digital pc app iv loved ever since my dad old fisher preamp/pro thats what got me started on all the hifi journey

IMG_20210522_172828233.jpg

IMG_20210522_172818799.jpg

IMG_20210522_172839210.jpg

IMG_20210522_172857220.jpg

IMG_20210522_172911809.jpg

IMG_20210522_172947107.jpg

IMG_20210522_172911809_2.JPG

May 22, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #192 of 246
...all that being said the ear pads as you say no as good as can be but those Alpha Pads look far better which are those an how did you mount them on

I used the same trim ring that holds on the stock pads. You just have to pull the stock pads off by putting a couple of fingers on the inside of the pads and pulling to the side and away from the driver. The Alpha pads can be found HERE if you choose to go that route.

May 25, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #194 of 246
That or I may take them completely apart and sand and stain the cups like I recently did for my M1060C's (seen HERE). Anyway, here are some pics of my M570 with the Alpha pads and the start of the felt in the ear cups:
Nice refinish on the M1060's. Please post pics afterwards if you do the same with the M570's. I may do that for my set. The excessive dark stain on the M570's hides the nice grain pattern. I previously had the Sendy Aiva's with the same cup and drivers but the wood finish was more natural. I had to replace with M570's since the headband setup on the Aiva's would not sit well on my head. The M570's are working better for me.

May 26, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #195 of 246
I'm another person who jumped in on the $170 deal for a day. It took Monoprice a couple of days to send mine out, and then FedEx needed more than a week to get them from Kentucky to Massachusetts. They finally arrived today.

The build quality and packaging are fine. Not super-deluxe, but they fully meet expectations at this price point. They're heavy and felt a bit hot on my ears. The braided cable strikes me as a tad thin for high end headphones, but it's well made and flexible.

I put them on immediately to listen to a few tracks. Not obviously broken in any way but they didn't wow me. But I know to break them in before serious listening, which is what they're doing right now (off my ears). These are my first taste of planar goodness; I'm looking forward to seeing what I think in two or three days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back