NEW Monolith M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone
Oct 2, 2019 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 246

EQlizer

New Head-Fier
Monolith M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone

392561.jpg

The Monolith M570 Planar headphone features a 97*76mm planar magnetic driver enclosed in an gorgeous wood, open back housing, with a plush, padded headband and earcups for comfortable listening over an extended period. With an extended soundstage, lush, rich sound, and excellent build quality, the Monolith M570 brings a massive price to performance ratio to the headphone market.

Model 39256
Style Open
Transducer Type Planar Magnetic
Driver Size 97*76mm
Frequency Response 5-55Khz
Sensitivity 96dB
Impedance 32 Ohm
Wood Type Zebra Wood
Weight 420g

392563.jpg

392565.jpg

392566.jpg

392564.jpg

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 246
Monoprice M570.png

I haven't heard the Sendy Aiva or the Blon B20, but I imagine they are all the same. The measurements I took are off of EARS using HPN compensation. They are very, very close to the Aiva measurements from others. There's a weird 900Hz cliff there that I wasn't able to get rid of with pad replacements, so not sure where that is coming from.

The first thing I noticed was that these are much heavier than specified. They're listed at 420 grams, but in reality, I measured these to be 523 grams w/o cables. It's otherwise built like a tank, and look great. I like the sound, its' good good flat bass and lower mid-range. There is a slight recessed upper mid-range, but I dont find it problematic for my tastes. The treble is sizzling! It's got a kick to it, that really brings pop and details out. It may become fatiguing at higher volume listening for me, but I don't generally listen that loudly.

Since these use a double-sided planar magnetic driver, they do leak like no other. They work well as a desktop speaker. :)

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 246

I haven't heard the Sendy Aiva or the Blon B20, but I imagine they are all the same. The measurements I took are off of EARS using HPN compensation. They are very, very close to the Aiva measurements from others. There's a weird 900Hz cliff there that I wasn't able to get rid of with pad replacements, so not sure where that is coming from.

The first thing I noticed was that these are much heavier than specified. They're listed at 420 grams, but in reality, I measured these to be 523 grams w/o cables. It's otherwise built like a tank, and look great. I like the sound, its' good good flat bass and lower mid-range. There is a slight recessed upper mid-range, but I dont find it problematic for my tastes. The treble is sizzling! It's got a kick to it, that really brings pop and details out. It may become fatiguing at higher volume listening for me, but I don't generally listen that loudly.

Since these use a double-sided planar magnetic driver, they do leak like no other. They work well as a desktop speaker. :)
How does the sound signature compare to the Phantoms? Looking at your FR curve, they both seem to have recessed mids, but maybe the 570’s recessed region is even bigger. It looks like the 570 treble is more pronounced, and lacks the strange spikes of the Phantoms?

I think I will wait for the other Monoprice offerings, and lots of listener impressions... was disappointed when I jumped early on the 1060 bandwagon...

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #7 of 246

I find that the sendy drivers leak a hell of a lot less than open back modded m1060c and HE-560s. A LOT less.

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 246
How does the sound signature compare to the Phantoms? Looking at your FR curve, they both seem to have recessed mids, but maybe the 570’s recessed region is even bigger. It looks like the 570 treble is more pronounced, and lacks the strange spikes of the Phantoms?

I think I will wait for the other Monoprice offerings, and lots of listener impressions... was disappointed when I jumped early on the 1060 bandwagon...

The M570 is not as recessed as the Phantoms, even after all my modding. I actually dont mine the M570 at all. The treble is a little hot, but exciting. Many will probably enjoy that.

M570 vs Modded Phantom.png

I find that the sendy drivers leak a hell of a lot less than open back modded m1060c and HE-560s. A LOT less.

I have both the HE560 and the M570. The M570 is clearly a desktop speaker when not on your head, and the HE560 doesnt leak nearly as much.

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 246
The M570 is not as recessed as the Phantoms, even after all my modding. I actually dont mine the M570 at all. The treble is a little hot, but exciting. Many will probably enjoy that.

I have both the HE560 and the M570. The M570 is clearly a desktop speaker when not on your head, and the HE560 doesnt leak nearly as much.
Cool. Thanks for posting the graphs together - much clearer than me going by memory!! What are the mods you did to the Phantoms?

Oct 12, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 246
P1030766.JPG P1030778.JPG

Attachments

• P1030766.JPG
    P1030766.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 15, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #13 of 246
I like the sound, its' good good flat bass and lower mid-range. There is a slight recessed upper mid-range, but I dont find it problematic for my tastes. The treble is sizzling! It's got a kick to it, that really brings pop and details out. It may become fatiguing at higher volume listening for me, but I don't generally listen that loudly.
The advertisement for theses say "extended soundstage" is there anything special about the soundstage ?

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #15 of 246
how much juice do they take? would they go well with then dac amp combo of the SMSL SU-8 Version 2 DAC & SMSL SP200 THX

AAA 888 Headphone Amp, plus is the Monoprice M570 better then the 1060,can the cable be upgraded to a periapt

,if so what kind , would they be a great step up from the m565?

oh has anyone got a chose music list to sample on the 570 ..im aways on the look out for something that can handle solar fields ,koan ,massive attack,an tool really well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back