New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #46 of 952
Jan 25, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #49 of 952
As someone who uses the PD as my on the go DAP, really looking forward to this for several reasons :

1. SOUND !
2. SOUND !
3. SOUND !
4. BATTERY !
5. Finding out what other capabilities the PD2 has not listed in spec, the PD has a few which were a nice surprise.

One last thing as my humble two cents, specs only go so far to tell real world use, too many times many judge on specs only alone.
I for one evaluate what value I get out of it & as long as I am happy, I don't care what anyone else says.
Also, for all those who keep wanting USB C in all devices, stop whinging about it, fast charging & stable power &/or USB connection exists with micro USB, so live with it.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Hey. What surprises did you find with the PD? I am still torn between the PD2 and PR. I've had both the PM and PD and went back and forth but then stuck with the PD for the battery life but I miss the level meters lol, so I'm learning towards the PR .

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #51 of 952
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #52 of 952
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #53 of 952
That's no real surprise to me. It's more of an updated DAP than an immensely upgraded one. I'll reserve judgement on the sound until there's more impressions or I actually hear it myself.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #54 of 952
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #55 of 952
Are you able to post a bit more? Sound like a flagship DAP?
Well, you can use chrome to translate it. According to the review it measures better than the official specs in both single-ended and balanced mode and is on similar level to the Plenue L. And that apparently in order to keep the price down they have sacrificed everything, but the sound quality which is "challenging the limits" of affordable DAPs.
It seems the new D2 is hardly updated in build and UI, but is a big upgrade in sound.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #57 of 952
Damn it, it doesn't have prime shipping. I'm going to wait until Sunday to order it, hopefully they as prime shipping.

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #58 of 952
I was interested, but what made me dump my D1 was the slow af UI and loading of sd cards. If that's not improved, I think I'm out. Also, its 2019 and the D2 has no bluetooth. Battery life is still insane though.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #60 of 952
We live in the era of modern technologies and streaming services like Tidal, Deezer and others is just one of them. Have they ever heard about Wi-Fi?
The reason I don’t purchase Cowon DAPs anymore is that they are OUTDATED, every new player they produce is outdated from the beginning IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back