New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #676 of 952
Finally got to taste the new D2 today. Very very nice. Sound and power.... no extra BS. Using balanced out iBasso iT01’s, super impressed with the power it can push. With authority.

Is it pretty? Somewhat in a dated kind of way.
Ergonomic? Don’t care. Fits my hand, pocket or sits wherever I set it.
Tons of features? Glad it hasn’t. No plans to use them....
Jet 5? I like. Easy to toy with and each change is distinct.

I wanted a well made player, good sound, and strong enough to concuss.
Got it. If this guy “burns in “ and improves I’ll be amazed.

The interface is for sure way dated, and took some thinking to work through. But, is what it is there, knew it going in.

Happy with rating is a good.

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #678 of 952
Had anybody compare d2 with Sony zx300? It's similar signature and sq?
I owned both. I think they are very different. The D2 is warmer and more dynamic. ZX300 is overall Leaner and brighter even though there's a boost in the bass.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #683 of 952
Was hoping they added it through firmware, that's kinda a deal breaker...
Might be a hardware limitation rather than firmware. Don’t know enough about the design of the microUSB input to say - it can obviously receive charge to the internal battery via the microUSB port, and data to the internal memory, but USB DAC feature would require audio data from the port being routed to the DAC chip via a controller. The smaller players probably don’t have that or it would be enabled already.

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #684 of 952
It doesn’t seem like Cowon is very interested in updating the UI of the D2, otherwise they would have done something different at launch. Seems like it’s the same one as the previous iteration...which is weird because it’s such a great device in its own right. If the UI was better, this would be a godly small player. It’s the only thing that holds it back from being stellar.

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #685 of 952
A question when it comes to soundquality;
Comparing a Cowon plenue D2 to a smartphone(Samsung Galaxy S7) with Usb audio player pro. Which one would have the best sq?
An option for me could also be to buy the Chord Mojo. What do You think about the Chord Mojo and a smartphone vs the Cowon plenue D2?
Where i live a Cowon Plenue D2 and Chord mojo costing the same money.
I listen mostly to rock and jazz
I like akg headphones. I am not an audiophile but ofcourse like good soundquality.

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #687 of 952
Guys one question. What iems do you pair your d2 with? Any suggestions for synergies?

I am extremely content with Soundmagic E10s.

Very comfortable, rounded sound and were not too expensive.

I have some Fiios with balanced cable connection but they are not as comfortable or pleasing sonically for me.

The E10s leak less sound as well.

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #688 of 952
Guys one question. What iems do you pair your d2 with? Any suggestions for synergies?

@Loke13,

Subjectively & personally, the IEMs I pair with are as follows :

Cowon Plenue X30 with Penon Orbit cable
Custom Art Fibae Black
iBasso IT 04
Sony IER M7
iBasso IT 01s
iBasso IT 01
Periodic Audio C

In no particular order, the following cables work well with all the above except Periodic Audio C as that one is fixed :

iBasso CB13 cable
IER M7 stock cable
Penon GS 849 Cable
ISN Audio H 16
ISN Audio C 16 (Slight to mid strength Bass enhanced tuning depending on IEM)

Other notables are as follows in no particular order :

Audio Technica E 70
AAW A3H
Meze 12 Classics
Vain Sthlm Originals

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #689 of 952
I’m looking for comparisons between Cowon Plenue D2 and iBasso DX160 but couldn’t find anything.

Im also interested in this comparison but no head-fi member / professional reviewer is able to answer this question til today. Yesterday i red all 112 pages of the DX160 thread. No infos about D2 vs Dx160 either. Few days ago a rich sheik offered 1.000.000 $, three sports cars and a new big home for a comparison. No one answered.

Maybe bad voodoo :ghost:

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #690 of 952
Im also interested in this comparison but no head-fi member / professional reviewer is able to answer this question til today. Yesterday i red all 112 pages of the DX160 thread. No infos about D2 vs Dx160 either. Few days ago a rich sheik offered 1.000.000 $, three sports cars and a new big home for a comparison. No one answered.

Maybe bad voodoo :ghost:
It's true, I didn't find that comparison either. But based on all the reviews I read about D2 and DX160, I could conclude that the DX160 is better at all, sound characteristics, etc. Going to a D2 would be a setback, unless you love "jet effect" then stick with D2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back