New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Aug 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #361 of 538
Are there still people enjoying these IEM's? 

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #363 of 538
lost my W4
being listening to the Trumpet  for about 2-3 weeks now and I am liking it, the bass is my fav part.
I had used MD for about a year, RMAed it  and got the Trumpet instead

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #364 of 538
lost my W4
being listening to the Trumpet  for about 2-3 weeks now and I am liking it, the bass is my fav part.
I had used MD for about a year, RMAed it  and got the Trumpet instead

Then you are who I want to speak to. Do you like them more than the Tributes. I'm going to send in my Tributes but I'm scared of the Trumpets. I don't see how I could like something more than my Tributes. Plus, the reason I'm sending them in has nothing to do with how they sound, they've just damn near fallen to pieces since I've been using them every day since January. But I can still use them and very much enjoy them. So I worry...Anyone else ease feel free to chime in as well. How is the build quality on the Trumpets? Cause its terrible on the Tributes. As I'm sure you all know..

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #365 of 538
Just recently picked these up after they caught my eye at my local Best Buy...the look of them are so awesome that I was just hoping they sounded anywhere near as good as they looked.

Great news is that they do sound excellent.  Coming from IE8s before these (usually left on mid-level bass on the IEM controls), I find the bass quality to be better and the instrument separation to be more distinct on the Trumpets.  There is actually a surprising amount of bass quantity in these as well...doesn't get into the "overpowering" range, but is noticeably emphasized.

As a guy who loves V-shaped cans, these IEMs seem to fit me like a glove.  Have only had them for 24 hours so I'll continue to evaluate, but as it currently stands they look to be my favorite set of headphones to date.

The amount of options in the provided tips was a nice bonus as well...typically need to spring for some Comply tips to get the seal I'm looking for, but was able to get a nice seal using some of the stock supertips.

Thumbs way up so far...

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #366 of 538
I am still enjoying mine!!! 
etysmile.gif

ROCK ON!!!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #367 of 538
I've tried both the trumpets and the tributes, and I much prefer the Tributes. The trumpet's are a little too harsh for me and the bass on the miles davis tributes is incredible. The mids are also super nice on the tribute. SO warm and engaging. Every song is exciting, and it excels in every genre!!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #368 of 538
I tried the Tributes for an extended period first but aside from their lousy QC, not impressed. Got the Trumpets next and never looked back. I did use a different tip, from an old JVC that works with the Trumpets (a bit softer than the Monster tips), but to me, one of the strengths of the Trumpet is the fact that the highs are never harsh. I did give them 40-50 hours of burn in since they are micro DDs, but now, I put them to the test with my most sibilant tracks and they pass with flying colors. To me, they are more balanced than the Tributes as well. They have a neutral, crisp sound. No, they are not warm like the Tributes, but that's a plus to me since they are a bit more analytic but never dull or drained of energy.

Vanilla or chocolate I guess. Could be ear shape or something regarding you hearing them harsh and others not.  Also, I wear them over the ear and I believe it is a better fit and also eliminates cable noise or the need for a shirt clip. Yes, the iPhone thing is higher up, but it doesn't bother me.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #369 of 538
I don't find the Trumpets hard at all, but just right.

Also Alex, when you say you've tried them both (Trumpets & Tributes) I'd ask for how long and with which tips? Did you use the very same tips? We don't know whether this was a five minute affair as opposed to an extensive comparison with different types of music and with a fully broken-in pair of Trumpets. All these things have a **huge** bearing on what your impressions were.

Look, I don't claim to nbe an expert on the Tributes but general concensus seems to be that the Trumpets are a super upgrade all-around. More extended, more neutral, and with higher level of information/resolution.

One last thought? Could it also be that your source is what's bright? (both the player and/or the recordings you seem to generally gravitate towards). If som then yeah, I could see why you find the Tributes more palatable and the Trumpets more aggressive. Just some food for thought.

Best!

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #370 of 538
Hi guys... is anyone able to point me in the direction in getting replacement tips for the Trumpets? Unfortunately broke the perfect tips and the suppliers aren't able to replace. Loved the foam tips giving a great seal and providing fantastic clarity!

Any suggestions?

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #371 of 538
Does the Miles Davis Trumpets ControlTalk feature work at all with my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3/Note 2, Sansa Fuze or Cowon S9? Argh, I hope I won't suffer from buyers remorse.

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #373 of 538
My guess is iPhone not Android or others. But I could be wrong. It might say something on the Monster site. Something that would have been good to check before you bought the Trumpets, I think.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #375 of 538
Thank you for your reply. That's what I get for buying on impulse at $149. Was this even a good price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back