New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Sep 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #211 of 538
Damn the hype machine.
mad.gif
It's making me want to go pick up a pair.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #215 of 538
I'll wait until the price drops down a Benjamin.  I hope the build quality of the Trumpet is much better and much more consistent over their other previous flagships IEMs (MTPC, MDT), which I had to RMA within 3 months of ownership.  The lifetime warrany no longer phases me as a pro to pull the buying trigger, and I treat it like a marketing gimick now a days. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #216 of 538
Sep 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #217 of 538
Hey guys! Talkin' burn-in... I just downloaded the following App for my iPhone 4 and it's seems to work great:

http://itunes.apple.com/br/app/audiosizzler-hi-fi-audio-burn/id395987863?mt=8

It does all the necessary computer generated pink & white noise, sweeps & warble tones to aid in breaking-in loudspeakers and headphones in record time. It's only $1.99 on iTunes and well worth the investment methinks. Let's put it this way, it's way cheaper than buying an audiophile break-in disc which range anywhere from $35 to $125 dollars. And there you still have to rip them into iTunes to import into your device. This App saves you that trouble.

[ It just occurred to me I should be sharing this link on the Facebook version of Head-Fi ]

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #218 of 538

Quote:
Hey guys! Talkin' burn-in... I just downloaded the following App for my iPhone 4 and it's seems to work great:

It does all the necessary computer generated pink & white noise, sweeps & warble tones to aid in breaking-in loudspeakers and headphones in record time. It's only $1.99 on iTunes and well worth the investment methinks. Let's put it this way, it's way cheaper than buying an audiophile break-in disc which range anywhere from $35 to $125 dollars. And there you still have to rip them into iTunes to import into your device. This App saves you that trouble.

[ It just occurred to me I should be sharing this link on the Facebook version of Head-Fi ]

Sounds Good! Downloading now... and it's .99
Thanks Viny..

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #219 of 538
I'm weird, I've been using music from these weird shiny silver discs I have lying around.  Forget what they're called....
wink_face.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #220 of 538
Quote:
I'm weird, I've been using music from these weird shiny silver discs I have lying around.  Forget what they're called....
wink_face.gif

Haha! Well believe it or not music isn't always the best or fastest way to break-in speakers and electronics *unless* it is a full on assault of peaks and valleys to truly exercise loudspeaker drivers and other components. In example, like using bland New Age music would not be as effective as full on Metallica (nothing against New Age as a genre btw. I listen to it). In other words, it's the difference between going for a slow paced walk at the park vs. power walking on soft sand at the beach. The difference in effort is *tremendous* between the two activities. Agreed?

Well, think of using these crazy test tones, warble tones, and sweeps as the best possible HARDCORE exercise for your headphone drivers. Trust me these test tones just work. I have the IsoTek Rejuvenation Disc and it really speeds up the process. In fact, by my estimation using these tones cut down burning time by half so that using these for 5 hours through your headphones is the same as 10 hours of music.

So bottom line is that if I can break-in a product in two or three days (for the similar effect of having piled on 96 hrs to 174 hrs) as opposed to a week or two to amass the same effect, I'm doing it!

Here's the description:

"AudioSizzler - Hi-Fi Audio Burn In tool. Includes Noise, Tone and Sweep test signal generators. Noise tests for Brown Pink and White Noise, Tone and Sweep tests for 20 - 22000Hz Square Sine and Sawtooth Waves including Linear and Logarithmic Sweeps. Burn-In application includes noise and sweep profiles for timed Sub Woofer, Small / Large Speaker, Headphone and Full Range Speaker Burn-In signals."

Quote:
Sounds Good! Downloading now... and it's .99
Thanks Viny..

Right! I was wrong with the pricing. Even better! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #221 of 538

Quote:

Didn't realize there was an app to do this! Thanks vinyl, this will save me a lot of time and trouble. Only $.99 too 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #222 of 538
You're welcome bro. I am lovin' it!

Oz

Quote:
Didn't realize there was an app to do this! Thanks vinyl, this will save me a lot of time and trouble. Only $.99 too 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #223 of 538
I'm quite familiar.  I've seen speakers smoke and smolder from such files.  They simply don't mimic a natural sound or response from the speaker so it's not worth potential damage to save a few hours for me.  

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #224 of 538

Quote:
wink_face.gif

Hey there was never anything wrong with recording/listening to a Maxell XL2 cassette. Decent audio 
L3000.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #225 of 538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back