New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Aug 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #121 of 538
Quote:

Listening impressions to come later.....

popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #124 of 538
Quote:

ughhh... Monster is getting just as bad as skullcandy in the design department...

That's certainly arguable. I for one love the design of the Gold, Coppers, and especially the MDT's. But I can certainly see where the Trumpet would lose it's appeal.
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #125 of 538
I Must say these Trumpets look awesome. Being in the city however, I really like the "Low Profile" phones. I2 I finally bit on a pair of UM3x. Will be here in an hour or 2

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #126 of 538

Quote:

That's certainly arguable. I for one love the design of the Gold, Coppers, and especially the MDT's. But I can certainly see where the Trumpet would lose it's appeal.
tongue.gif

I loved the design of the original Turbines. The Gold, Coppers & MDT's however, looked completely hideous to me. And the trumpet is even worse. Look at the God-forsaken controls on the cord... I don't think it'd look much worse if they had little miles davis figures blowing into the ends of the 'trumpets.'

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #127 of 538
Quote:
I Must say these Trumpets look awesome. Being in the city however, I really like the "Low Profile" phones. I2 I finally bit on a pair of UM3x. Will be here in an hour or 2

beerchug.gif

Can't wait to hear what you think of them my friend. I expect a PM with an in-depth review the size of |joker|'s thread!
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #128 of 538
I just recieved my new md trumpets from onecall for $280 and just by listening to it for the first time I can see that these are really good. I havent burned them in yet but will do later. one thing though, with the larger bore to fit the micro driver and larger tips, would the comply t-500 tips fit onto it? the t-400's like all other monster products dont. 

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #129 of 538
Are these your first Monster in-ears my friend? If not, how would you compare them to any other Monster in-ears? Also, could you kindly provide more initial impressions, as detailed as you see fit? Much appreciated my friend.

P.S. Anaxilus, will we be hearing back from you anytime soon my friend?

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #130 of 538

Quote:

P.S. Anaxilus, will we be hearing back from you anytime soon my friend?

Prob not till next week.  Still running them in.

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #131 of 538
I literally just got home and scored them from Best Buy for $270 after 10% coupon (no Monster was not listed).

To I2 - will be my first Monster Pair....generally I have stayed away from them, if only due to what they've done to the A/V Cable Industry.

I don't know if I will settle on them or go for Shure 535s if earphones or something else if I got over/on ear and want to move into or above that price category for Studio Reference.

I have to look at the model but I have some older but higher end Shures to compare them too (one set that work, one a little older that I have to test).

I have a pair of UE Triplefi10is but they fell apart prior to my losing them in a recent move, so cant compare directly.

Cabling has always been an issue with the earbud models and I seem to have bad luck with the adhesive on the earbuds (UEs and Shures both literally coming apart).

I tried the Klipse Ones, Bose OEs and a few other sets recently but still searching.

I may end up needing travel pair and a fuller size studio pair, but I will try to post impressions of the Trumpets this week.

They are not out of the box yet but I like the Flat cables and actually like the styling on the online controls (which I generally hate anyway).

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #132 of 538
Haha this design is awesome :D it looks like a trumpet mouthpiece. Seriously, i would buy these just for a laugh. Lol

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #133 of 538
Hello guys I don't post here often but since I've just discovered this thread I should add my two cents. I picked up my Monster Trumpets three days ago at my local Best Buy and must say I am extremely pleased so far. Styling and general build quality is much better person. The attention to detail is phenomenal and though small, they don't feel particularly delicate.

So far I've mostly ran them directly off my iPhone 4 playing back AAC & AIFF files and I must say I am quite impressed with the sonics. Like all IEM's what's key is to find the tips that offers the best seal and best sonics. And when you do, watch out, these are the real deal! I don't have but a handful of hours on them yet for lack of time but they are VERY impressive: bass is deep and tight, mids are very clear and possess a high degree of resolution, and the highs are very extended and rather sweet. Image size is realistic (big drums whacks sound, well, big) and dynamics seem unrestrained. Acoustic instruments, particularly, are rendered harmonically rich and tonally faithful.

Considering these things aren't anywhere close to being fully broken-in I would say they are shaping up to being my favorite IEM's. FYI I also own Monster Beats Tour & original Turbine, Shure SE-530e, Klipsch Image X10, Ultimate Ears $200 level model that escapes my mind, amongst a handful of others. Over the ear 'phones include Grado GS-1000i & 325i, Sennheiser HD-650, AKG-701, Beyerdynamics DT-880, Stax SR-84, amongst several others. Main headphone amp at the moment is Grado RA-1 (battery) and the Cayin HA-1A. As I log more hours I can do a more extensive follow up with musical references.

Cheers!

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #134 of 538
Thank you for the brief rundown my friend. Hmm, as much as I enjoyed the MDT's, looks like I'll have to pick up a pair of these sooner than later.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #135 of 538

Quote:
Thank you for the brief rundown my friend. Hmm, as much as I enjoyed the MDT's, looks like I'll have to pick up a pair of these sooner than later.

You're welcome! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back