New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Jan 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #91 of 538

Quote:
Quote:
maybe its my lack of experience, but every time i see flat IEM cables, i imagine them pulling the buds out every time you move forward or back since they can only flex side to side.   how is this functional?

otherwise these things look really cool.

Every time I see flat cables I think cracked cables.

My XB500's cables are very good, I'm not sure why anyone would want a round cable. I gues the flat ones are stiffer but I do prefer the flats.

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #93 of 538
Jan 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #94 of 538

Quote:
My XB500's cables are very good, I'm not sure why anyone would want a round cable. I gues the flat ones are stiffer but I do prefer the flats.

Interesting a fellow co worker carried around a pair of Dr.Dre's worshiping her cracked cables in all their greatness 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #95 of 538

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting a fellow co worker carried around a pair of Dr.Dre's worshiping her cracked cables in all their greatness 
rolleyes.gif

Ugh tangle-free cables my a**

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #97 of 538

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

There are way more issues with the Beats line when it comes to build quality then just the cables. And the XB500's cables are brilliant I've got like 500hours on that headphone now.

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #98 of 538

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

There are way mor eissues with the Beats line when it comes to build quality then just the cables. And the XB500's cables are brilliant I've got like 500hours on that headphone now.

more issues
mor eissues is french jk :")

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #99 of 538

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

1. There are way more issues with the Beats line when it comes to build quality then just the cables. 2. And the XB500's cables are brilliant I've got like 500hours on that headphone now.

1. Agreed
2. Congrats, yeah I figured some other company would better it.

Jan 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #100 of 538
Very interesting I stopped by the Monster booth at NAMM to get a listen but I didn't see it out.   It's such a sleek design but I can't figure out how the acoustics will work.  They seem to be driver on the end of a stick.  You never know if Monster is actually coming out with something legit or something just for the marketing potential.    I'll have to see where they are going to be next to hear it first hand.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #101 of 538
looks like we have a press release from monster 

http://www.monstercable.com/press/viewpress.asp?Article=246

the magnifier alone makes it worth it

"The headphones also come with a special magnifier that allows users to better see the miniature laser-etched Miles Davis signature and Monster logo on the trumpet housing. "

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #102 of 538
I'm really diggin these. If they sound anywhere as good as they look, count me in!:cool:

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #103 of 538

Quote:
looks like we have a press release from monster 

http://www.monstercable.com/press/viewpress.asp?Article=246

the magnifier alone makes it worth it

"The headphones also come with a special magnifier that allows users to better see the miniature laser-etched Miles Davis signature and Monster logo on the trumpet housing. "

That's dated a month ago from the day before CES.  The mirror replaces the hard case of the MDs I was told.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #104 of 538

Quote:
That's dated a month ago from the day before CES.  The mirror replaces the hard case of the MDs I was told.

doh...well, the hard case was pretty useless in my opinion, especially for the original MD's since the cables had a slight memory

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #105 of 538

Quote:
doh...well, the hard case was pretty useless in my opinion, especially for the original MD's since the cables had a slight memory

Ah...but it had the same type of blue felt lining used in Miles trumpet case and was serialized.  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back