New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Feb 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #106 of 538

Quote:

Ah...but it had the same type of blue felt lining used in Miles trumpet case and was serialized.  
wink_face.gif

only the first (insert number in the thousands) were serialized

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #107 of 538
http://www.stereophile.com/content/monsters-miles-davis-trumpet-ear-headphone

On each table, guests found a few samples of the Miles Davis Trumpet headphone and a gold iPod Nano, stocked with playlists created by Monster—demo tracks, test signals, pop songs. We took turns listening, and we were all impressed. Michael Fremer, sitting to my immediate left, took a turn and plugged the headphones into his own iPhone, listened to a recording of his own voice, and commented positively: “It sounds like me!” David Chesky, sitting to my immediate right, took a turn and plugged the headphones into his own mobile device and commented positively: “I like them better than my Turbines.”

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #108 of 538
Well, it was Miles' birthday celebration thus full of hype imo, not surprised they'll be better than the Turbines. Still, I would be very interested in trying them out but only once they go under 200$, retail price is ridiculous as usual from Monster. 

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #112 of 538
Aug 22, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #114 of 538
Honestly, the only thing I like so far about these headphones is the integration of the "flat style" cord into an IEM that aren't the Beats Tours. I hate Beats. Lol Anyways, one other thing I like is the integration of the driver into the ear itself. Quite an interesting innovation!

EDIT: ^ Albeit they're not the first to do so though! haha Upon further research, I am incredibly happy Monster is taking an anti-counterfeit stance with these headphones. The inclusion of the laser etching only viewable with a magnifying glass is ingenious IMO. Let's see the counterfeiters mimic that passably :wink:

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #116 of 538
Originally Posted by AudioPreciation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, the only thing I like so far about these headphones is the integration of the "flat style" cord into an IEM that aren't the Beats Tours. I hate Beats. Lol Anyways, one other thing I like is the integration of the driver into the ear itself. Quite an interesting innovation!

EDIT: ^ Albeit they're not the first to do so though! haha Upon further research, I am incredibly happy Monster is taking an anti-counterfeit stance with these headphones. The inclusion of the laser etching only viewable with a magnifying glass is ingenious IMO. Let's see the counterfeiters mimic that passably :wink:

The integration of the driver into the ear itself isn't an innovation, JVC has been doing this for a while now with their micro-drivers. 

@ The new 300$ price. With patience I can easily see these dropping to around 250$ or even less, considering the price drops that occurred on the other Monster models after a few months of release. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #117 of 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPreciation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 The integration of the driver into the ear itself isn't an innovation, JVC has been doing this for a while now with their micro-drivers. 

@ The new 300$ price. With patience I can easily see these dropping to around 250$ or even less, considering the price drops that occurred on the other Monster models after a few months of release. 

I was aware that they weren't the first to do so, hence the edit. haha I just thought it was interesting that the earpiece itself likes like the mouthpiece of a trumpet :p ahhh well

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #118 of 538

Quote:

Microdrivers are cheap.  I could see these eventually under $200, perhaps around $150ish and up.  If they sound as good as Stereophile made it seem that would put Monster right back in the mix.  No driver flex, no housing to split.  Could be something here.  I pick mine up from Best Buy tomorrow.  
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #119 of 538
Picked up a set today.  Running them in atm.  A few things.

1-They are ported at the back of the trumpet housing.  There is a mesh screen back there.
2-No driver flex unless you cover the port upon insertion.
3-Packaging and appearance are top notch as usual.  The trumpet valves for ipod control are freaking sweet.  EricP would freak out.
4-Easiest fitting Monster IEM I have ever put in.  No fight no fuss.  Straight in.  Most comfy implementation of the Gel Supertips yet.  The tips taper to the rear and the driver tube is straight.  I think this keeps the gel from being pushed to the rear upon insertion like the Turbine interations.
5-They do use different tips to fit the microdiver w/ a larger bore.  Nice for other phones too as that will open up the treble compared to the older Supertips.
6-Best to pull out the phones by grabbing the back of the trumpet and not the cord.  It's tempting to grab the flat cable, DONT DO IT!
7-The level of build detail is above and beyond any Monster IEM to date.  No contest.  Seriously gorgeous design.
8-90 degree plug is one piece over-molded.  It's hefty and wide like a sturdy paddle.  If you break it YOU did something very wrong.  

Listening impressions to come later.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back