New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #511 of 538
I have had my trumpets for a while and they finally died. I called monster support and without the receipt they gave me an RMA and i sent them in. Within 2 weeks they send me a brand new pair complete in box. I was really impressed with how the stand by these headphones. As for stock, i believe he stated they had 4 left. So they may have to start replacing with different comparable buds. 

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #512 of 538
  I have had my trumpets for a while and they finally died. I called monster support and without the receipt they gave me an RMA and i sent them in. Within 2 weeks they send me a brand new pair complete in box. I was really impressed with how the stand by these headphones. As for stock, i believe he stated they had 4 left. So they may have to start replacing with different comparable buds. 

Holy cowtown man, you got them RMA'ed???? I've been through 4 MD Trumpets within 2 years!!! I honestly thought that I've simply landed on one of the best iems I've ever heard in the audio boutique stores and I was sad to let them go.

My wife reasonned with me to not dig and fight for another MDT...the reason being that chances are...they will fail me (cables either really suck or my young  year old is just way too strong lol) so I settled for the DNA PRO (v1). BE WARNED: DNA PRO v.1 is a different beast altogether (yeah, I know it an OEM) but it's tuned differently, even if a bright tilted OEM.

I had asked the joker for a clue as to find a similar iem and he pointed me towards the Ostry KC06. That said I followed his advice and bought myself a KC06A (fine, I DID NOT FOLLOW HIS ADVICE) and with that said the KC06A isn't the next MD trumpets. lol.

Today, I had received a spanking brand new DUNU TITAN-1...and BAM!!! It's a bitchin ass kicking thumpy rockin bottom end with an amazing soundstage to boot! The imaging on this one is fantastic.

*I'm sorry for my bad paragraphin' - had a long day so I'm brain fartin' while enjoying the dunus.

What do I miss from the MDTs? The lite micro drivers. The wonderful tuning/timbre of wind and saxes. The almost immaculate spoken word/audio book voice details and accuracy. The soundstage too was fun, but it's not the most unique. So far, the MDT is one of the finest Jazz/Instrumental iem I've ever heard.

Anyone else own/compared the MD trumpets to say, an Altone-200??? I was curious in comparing their sweetness and highs (extension and wow factor)...

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #513 of 538
You could try the Yamaha EPH-100SL.  They use the same micro driver as the Trumpets.  Also, they are shaped similar to the Trumpets but with a round cable and no microphone.  The round cable might have a better strain relief.    Looking at the EPH-100SL charts on GoldenEars, I think they might be a little more bass heavy than the Trumpets.  To me, the Trumpets sound a little more neutral than what what that chart shows.  Maybe the difference is because of the semi-open back of the Trumpets.

So far, I have not had a problem with the cable coming out the of the Trumpets, but I am very careful to handle them only by the "mouthpiece."  I have been using them everyday for commuting and coffee shops since I discovered the lostearbuds tips.

May 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #514 of 538
Hi guys,

Recently my pair of Trumpets had a lose connection in the left ear-bud, and I sent them to Monster for a replacement.

As the Trumpets are discontinued, I will not be able to get them again, instead they asked me if there is any other model from their website I might want instead.

The current In-Ear models does not really look that interesting to me.(http://shopmonsterproducts.co.uk/*/In-Ear-Headphones/)

Does anybody have any experience with one or more of these models, and can give any advice on what would be a good choice? Are the available models even up to par with the Trumpets? 

What would you guys ask for if you were in my position? 

Thanks in advance.

Peter

May 19, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #515 of 538
Hi guys,

Recently my pair of Trumpets had a lose connection in the left ear-bud, and I sent them to Monster for a replacement.

As the Trumpets are discontinued, I will not be able to get them again, instead they asked me if there is any other model from their website I might want instead.

The current In-Ear models does not really look that interesting to me.(http://shopmonsterproducts.co.uk/*/In-Ear-Headphones/)

Does anybody have any experience with one or more of these models, and can give any advice on what would be a good choice? Are the available models even up to par with the Trumpets? 

Thanks in advance.

Peter

yeah, my 4th trumpet died last year and pretty much had to decide to settle with the DNA pro(v1). I suggest you settle with the pro V2 (more bass to balance the fr)...but sadly nothing will replace them. I purchased the dunu dn2k and still cannot fill the void due to its different sound signature.

I'd say the Re400 is the closest in regards to SQ (relaxed balanced)but I cannot compare the microdetail resolution on the hifiman since I can't a/b them. so you can actually sell the DNA pro and buy the hifiman if you want.

the best bang for buck would be the dunu titan...v signature, good detailing (not as refined as the Trumpets) but it's enough to settle with for now. good luck.

not worth buying another trumpet (which doesn't normally last...perhaps as bad as the hifiman item line ). the DNA pro over ears still works btw lol

May 20, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #516 of 538
  Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Peter

I recommend you to sell the DNA V2, try the DUNUs (DN1K or DN2K), another one that you might love is the under-hyped FX750 / FX850. Those are about as bang for buck you can get for their asking price.

May 20, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #517 of 538
I recommend you to sell the DNA V2, try the DUNUs (DN1K or DN2K), another one that you might love is the under-hyped FX750 / FX850. Those are about as bang for buck you can get for their asking price.

what do you think of the micro details on the jvc woodies? dunu dn2k are good but I miss the unique signature of the Trumpets. I find relaxed ss is better for jazz - totally laid back right? but still plenty of details!

May 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #518 of 538
what do you think of the micro details on the jvc woodies? dunu dn2k are good but I miss the unique signature of the Trumpets. I find relaxed ss is better for jazz - totally laid back right? but still plenty of details!

The woodies are forward and has more details than the trumpets, but has a smooth treble which the DUNUs falls short of. The unique concoction of it's sound also lends to the best timbre out of them imo. FX750 sounds great out of the box but the FX850s with a decent silver cable would shine past it's total price but a really long mile, in fact i preferred it over the "elite universals" such as Westone W60s and the Dita.

Either way both woodies can also do the "J444 mod" on the ventilations to adjust the sound to your liking.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #519 of 538
I'm falling in love with my Monster Miles Davis (non-tribute) iem all over again just playing ALAC music files out of my iPhone 6 Plus!!! I am infatuated with the audiophile bass presented with excellent PRaT and just the right amount of treble extension. The non sibilant mids/vocals are very intoxicating too. I put these iem's back in rotation alongside my Cardas EM5813 iem's as I wait for my (currently back ordered) Noble Savant iem's. Cheers!!

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #520 of 538
Congrats! You make me want to pull out my Trumpets to try them with my iPhone 6! Hmmm.... I think I will transfer some FLAC files to my iPhone and check it out! Thanks for the inspiration! LOL

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #521 of 538
Thanks! I was honestly surprised with the pairing. I am usually stickler about bringing my iem modded HiFiM8 or CypherLabs Picollo to amplify my source with any iem. Today I gave the Trumpets a "quick listen" with my phone (in Airplane Mode) and just stayed there engrossed in a trance track after track! Hahaha! Made me feel like a newly minted audiophile all over again.

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #522 of 538
Unfortunately mine broke again, 4th time in 2 years which I guess is ok since they replace them free of charge. I am quite worried they may not have them in stock which would be a real pain. Im currently using the RHA T!0i and I much prefer the clarity of the trumpets.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #523 of 538
Unfortunately mine broke again, 4th time in 2 years which I guess is ok since they replace them free of charge. I am quite worried they may not have them in stock which would be a real pain. Im currently using the RHA T!0i and I much prefer the clarity of the trumpets.

My condolences! I have the same track record. I ended up with the DNA pro over ears which is alright. The hifiman re400 sounds similar but the cables didn't feel promising...

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #524 of 538
My condolences! I have the same track record. I ended up with the DNA pro over ears which is alright. The hifiman re400 sounds similar but the cables didn't feel promising...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed perhaps the european warehouse has stock. Times like these i wish monster didn't split from beats, I could have got equivalently priced beats and sold them off at a decent price to fund a new pair. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #525 of 538

God Damn it! they have no stock. They are offering any of their products up to the value of £250 which is nice I guess. However, the have a really plain selection these days. Not sure what to go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back