New Member Seeking Your Wisdom!
Aug 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
Thanks for the insight man.

Im mostly gonna be using these through my PC which has a nice X-fi soundcard.

Is it a guarantee that prices will drop in Feb? I've seen ppl paying around the same price for the ATH-AD900 and the 598's even from threads made last year.
The 598's are fairly new too aren't they?

So this is how it goes for me. I'm not paying for these phones myself. I'm getting them as a present for a birthday. So I want to get something good and not something to hold me over till I can afford it haha.

So if it came down to choosing b/w the 598 and AD900 which should I go for as being the best un-amped.
Also which is more comfortable in your opinion?

I wanna make this purchase today if possible.

Thanks again to everyone!

Prices drop on everything around tax time (Feb to March), luxury items really drop in price.
Reputation wise, Audio Technica's sound good with any source, but do not really benefit that much from amping.
Sennheiser sound good, but really benefit from a better amping. (I do not own any Sennheisers)
Generally adding an a nice amp. improves sound with any headphone, to some degree.
I do own the Audio Technica ATH-AD700s, they rest very lightly on the head and ears.
I personally really like the over all sound quality of the AD700s, you can hear the bass, but not feel the bass, so they are bass light,
Most AD900s owners say the AD900s has more bass (and over all better sound) then the AD700s.
You can get a cheap single tube headphone amp. off eBay starting at around $50 (ships from China).

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 17

Quote:
Prices drop on everything around tax time (Feb to March), luxury items really drop in price.
Reputation wise, Audio Technica's sound good with any source, but do not really benefit much from as much amping.
Sennheiser sound good, but really benefit from a better amping. (I do not own any Sennheisers)
Generally adding an a nice amp. improves sound with any headphone, to some degree.
I do own the Audio Technica ATH-AD700s, they rest very lightly on the head and ears.
I personally really like the over all sound quality of the AD700s, you can hear the bass, but not feel the bass, so they are bass light,
Most AD900s owners say the AD900s has more bass (and over all better sound) then the AD700s.
You can get a cheap single tube headphone amp. off eBay starting at around $50 (ships from China).

Thanks for your help man.

I think I've made my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back