New Member - question about Android EQ apps
Oct 22, 2018 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SecondVariety

New Head-Fier
I'm new here, been lurking for about a week. Picked up RHA TrueConnect and was referred here from a /r/earbuds thread on reddit. I've owned more than a few Bluetooth headphones through the years but the ones that stick out in my memory are, Moto S9, Moto S10-HD, LG Tone 750, LG Tone 770, and AKG y50bt.

Headphone (on ear/over ear) and earbud wise, I'm in my 40's and have owned a bunch of them. Standouts would be a pair of Koss Portapro's which lasted me from childhood well into my teens, followed by a pair of Sony MDR which sounded amazing, and then a crap ton of various earbuds. I have two pair of the AKG pack-in earbuds included with recent Samsung Galaxy phones which sound great and fit well.

My left ear has some hearing damage which sometimes makes me favor one ear listening dependent on the situation. When I want to hear stuff around me, I'll only put an earbud in the left ear. Conversely if I don't want to hear stuff around me I'll only use the right. Mostly though I put both in. Related to that though.... is there an android app with universal compatibility(BT and headphone jack) which will provide EQ as well as the option to stereo mix to mono for a single channel?

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 2
USB Audio Player Pro is a great audio player that includes a decent-to-good 10 band graphic EQ and has functions for both balance and mono, though I've not used either of those. The built-in EQ will produce hissing/artifacting/whatever at its extremes, but used with moderation it sounds great. There's also an add-on parametric EQ that costs something like $2, but I've only played around with it a very little bit. I think UAPP costs $8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back