New Member Introductions thread
Feb 15, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #15,331 of 15,863
It should have been my first post, but so it goes. I have been into "hi-fi" since I was a teenager, but honestly, all of my systems have squarely been in the mid-fi category. My goal is to eventually turn my office system into a true hi-fi system...on a budget.

Current office system
IMG_8408.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg

But the real reason why I am here is I want to get back into headphones. Specifically for business travel. I know I can do better than my current iPhone + Airpod set up. I got to demo real headphones and a Mojo2 the other day and was BLOWN away.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #15,332 of 15,863
I've been into headphone audio for a while but after going through a neutral phase which lasted a few years I realized my true calling was finding the FATTEST clean bass in the universe. I like planars/estats (with a bass boost of course).
Nice to meet everyone.

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #15,334 of 15,863
Hi! First post of a new member, but old hifi fan from'80s. I had tube gears as Audio Innovations 500, Klimo Merlin/Beltaine, Audio Note Conqueror and now ss Pass Labs. I recently became interested in headphones&DAP.
I tried Geshelli Archel pro 2.5 and Lake People G93 with Sundara and Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx and now a Grado GS1000e that I like very much. Dap A&K sr25 with JH Angie II (very nice!).
Grettings to everyone!
Marcello from Italy

Feb 16, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #15,335 of 15,863
Another new member's first post. I've been a long-time lurker on head-fi and have greatly appreciated the knowledge and experience shared here! I've been involved in high-end audio for a couple decades and I believe it's one of the best hobbies out there. Greetings from Michigan!

Feb 16, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #15,338 of 15,863
Hello everyone, first post from me! I probably inherited the hifi addiction from my father who has been building his own loudspeakers and amps since I can think back. So, that topic was always around me, it hit me really hard only a few years ago though. Since then there were a lot of investments in rather affordable gear which quickly became not good enough anymore. Currently I own Sennheiser HD 650, Oppo PM3, Focal Elear, Audeze LCD-2C, Denon AH-D9200 and a bunch of IEMs (which I only use for practical reasons like travelling though) with a Feliks Audio Elise. I do have a nice stereo setup as well (Wharfedale Lintons, Musical Fidelity M5Si, Willsenton R300), but I definitely prefer headphones.

Next investment is very soon going to be a ZMF Atrium Open, which I probably have to blame this forum for :wink:

Cheers,
Michael from Hamburg, Germany

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #15,339 of 15,863
Hi,

Not really a new member but there did not seem to be a way of reactivating my username due to some circular instructions.

I'm happy to be back though. My gear is a couple of HPs (Sundara and Meze 99 Classic), a couple of hybrid tube amps (Lyr 3 and Project Ember) and some Topping stuff.

This site has taught me so much and I hope to contribute in return.

Cheers,
Graeme

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #15,340 of 15,863
Hello - new member here out of Illinois, currently assembling a dedicated headphone listening station centered on a recently acquired Conrad Johnson HVA1. Looking forward to learning what I can from the extensive forums and gear reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back