New Member Introductions thread
Dec 26, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #15,181 of 15,615
New guy number 8,004,276,589 :wink:
Long time lurker, but finally getting organized enough to ask a reasonable question or two and possibly share some experiences.

Like many, gong down a path that includes Class D and that has now enabled me to see more options in which headphones fit into my audio world (again).

Current have AKG K501 as my main headphones. Also have Etymoytic ER4 XE for critical listening and a couple of pairs of Master and Dynamics - MW50 and MW65s for mobile wireless and Apple AirPods Pros for gym, work and similar situations.

Audio stack is (currently)
Analog:
Thorens TD-124 TT
Pioneer PL-630
Technics SL10
These go into Hagerman Bugle3 Phono Stage (and sometimes my Hagernan Cornet2, but still battling the final small bit of hum ...)

Analog stack goes into :line in" of my Teac UD-503 DAC/HA, which then gets paired up with

Digital:
Pi4 running Moode Audio streamer which gets source from NAS over ethernet and I've saved some HD radio stations on Moode. This goes though USB to UD-503
CDs on Rega Planet CDP through COAX digital to UD-503 and
TV/Video through Optical TOSLINK in UD-503.

UD-503 goes into Fosi ZA3 amplifier - with sub out feeding my polk Sub and full range going to y B&W DM12s.

Wide range of musical diversity.

Newest challenges/opportunities, and why I finally registered, is I am looking into moving K501s and ER4XEs to balance connections in the UD-503, which it supports. So the K501 surgery is underway (after seeing the K501 Love thread) and I'm looking at ER4XE options that helpfully don't cost more than the de vices themselves.

Looking forward to spending more time here with you all :xf_cool:

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #15,183 of 15,615
Another new guy, have been into hifi for much of my adult life but not so much into headphones. Have had a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's (250Ohm) for a couple of years and have enjoyed them via a Chord Mojo v1.

Recently discovered Chifi IEMs and have been really enjoying trying a few of them. Bought some 7Hz Salnotes Zero first, then ordered some Truthear x Crinacle Zero Red and some Simgot EW200s. Enjoying the Simgots the most and wondering what my next purchase will be to take the next step up from the EW200. Quite sensitive to treble so leaning against the EA1000 and waiting for the EA500LM or considering Hidizs MP145 or Dunu Falcon Ultra - ideally looking sub $200. Also thinking of trying some different tips and a better cable on the EW200's

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #15,184 of 15,615
Yet another long time lurker… Have been visiting Head-Fi for years :) Time to say hello!

At the moment I'm using AKG K371 and Etymotic ER2SE with custom sleeves made by Custom Art.
DAC/AMP - SMSL c200. Nothing fancy but I'm quite satisfied with my system. It sounds quite natural - that's one thing that is really important for me as a musician.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #15,185 of 15,615
Hey longtime lurker, first time poster. Wanting to share more of my experiences with high end audiophile equipment. My first real "audiophile" purchase was my 64Audio A12t back in 2019 and it blew my mind what I had been blissfully unaware of in mid-fi land. Not to say I don't love my mid-fi equipment, but it turns out there's still so much more to hear!

Now I'm running a pair of HD800S with an ampsandsound Mogwai SE. It's an unbelievable pairing and absolutely lives up to the hype. Looking forward to learning and sharing more on my audiophile journey!

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #15,187 of 15,615
Hi all,

I've been lurking this great website for years and actually made my account back in 2019 but never posted anything!

Currently use HD660S as my daily drivers and Fiio FT3 + Sony WM1A and Fiio Q15 as DAP/AMPs.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #15,189 of 15,615
Hey everyone!
Just getting into the hi-fi audio world, and I'm loving every bit of it (the same can't be said for my wallet).

It started with few metal LP's that I originally didn't even intend on listening to, but not long after that I started to look into the cheap suitcase record players, seeing how it felt weird to just let those records collect dust. That, after some time on audiophile forums, obviously resulted in me picking up an AT LP60XUSB instead. Now I got myself my first proper pair of headphones to replace my aging Steelseries Siberia 350 headset, the Beyerdynamic DT 700 PRO X. I'm still looking into some budget amps to finally listen to those records without using my PC as an intermediary. Little baby steps for now, but I can already tell why people can get so passionate about audio.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #15,190 of 15,615
Hello folks, I'm back after a 17'ish year hiatus from all things headphones. My youngest son literally cut the cord on my HD650's, and they were stolen before I could replace the cable, along with my Grado SR325s and a couple of little amps along with my truck!

I'm absolutely loving my HiFiMan Anandas and S.M.S.L. DO400 DAC/AMP.

I'm afraid this is going to get (more) expensive!

Now 21, previously mentioned cord cutting son has fallen in love with headphones and I'm going to try to get him a nice setup as well.

Happy New Years Eve!

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #15,192 of 15,615
:dollar:I’m new here too. I think this place will brainwash you into buying expensive audio gears. You have been warned!

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #15,195 of 15,615
Hi, I' fairly new here, but I've been a professional musician my whole life. Obviously I love music, anything with feel as I'm a bassist and drummer. I've been into hi fi since I was 15, but just recently got into the headphone world. I have a Hugo 2 Dac/Amp, Denafrips Aries 12th Dac, Aune S17 amp, Schiit Jotunheim 2, Hifiman Sundara, Arya Stealth, HE1000se, Focal Bathys, Beyerdynamics HD770-250 ohm, and their HD 280, Sony HDR-7510's Apple Airpod Pro 2, and a closet full of other hif gear I've purchased in the past 12 months. I'm wondering if the Gsx Mini or the 11Audio, is a good fit for my He1000se's? I want more...soundstage, hehe, my world just isn't big enough, and I'm allergic to sibilance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back