New Member Introductions thread
Dec 10, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #15,151 of 15,646
Hello Everyone!

A new member here, loves listening to music on Youtube & Spotify for hours on end after a long day at work.

I was browsing for a new headphones as my old one was disintegrating due to age, it was a multifunction bluetooth gaming/music/movies headphone which I used for everything. I then stumbled upon the Sennheiser HD660S2 by chance while I was browsing online & immediately started researching about it on Head-Fi Forums, found it to be in the acceptable price vs quality range and went for it.

When the Sennheiser arrived I was shocked as it came with 3 kind of inputs but none of them were USB-C ! (I know, I sound ridiculous, but I am an audio amateur)
Luckily enough I had a friend who was an audiophile and had installed a full blown Hifi setup for his living room, after asking further questions he recommended the Fiio K7 DAC to me and to ditch Spotify for... Tidal... also my first time hearing about it.

Plugged the headphones to the DAC, put on my favorite music on Tidal, and...
~~~BAM!@!$!@#$!@#$!#$!@#$!@#$
I was in a trance for the next few days thoroughly enjoying this new otherworldly experience, not believing how much I have been missing out all this while and I am very much excited to see the passion in this forum. Almost every thread is filled with Audiophiles and intense writing/reading within. I hope to learn much from the forum and be able to enjoy this hobby for the years to come.

Cheers!
BT

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #15,153 of 15,646
Hi, I'm from Switzerland, I'm a software engineer, and I love listening to music and always been passionate about hifi since I was a little boy. I have a fond memory of a JVC "high end" hifi system at the supermarket when I was maybe 7yo, in the early 80s.
I just bought a 660S2, and a few USB DACs (iFi go Blu, Shanling UA1 plus, Colorfly M1P, you'll understand why in my first thread).
Unfortunaltely been (ab)using headphones a bit too much and with age I developped quite strong tinitus ... Therefore I'm not able to appreciate all the subtleties, but I still love listening to music.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #15,154 of 15,646
Hello. I’m Chris. I’ve wanted to see what the headphone and IEM thing was all about for a while, but never really had a reason to while my ‘regular’ hifi system was setup. ThAt system is packed away while I remodel a house, so now is a great time to check things out. I appreciate the huge amount of info you’ve all pulled together on this site!

I listen mostly to electronic music, dub, some punk and hardcore.
Well, 9 months later and I’m getting into full-size headphones. I realized recently that it’s been years since I sat down and had a real listening session in headphones (not IEMs). I had forgotten how great it is, what a great way to listen. More!

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #15,155 of 15,646
Hello! My name is Felix. I run a Youtube Channel Felix L P. Which you can definitely check out, on the links below. I've been into audio gears for a few years now. And, I've been very passionate with IEMs, especially the "Budget" ones. I'll be posting reviews here and links to my Youtube Channel. Hope to make you all acquaintance and hope to learn about audio, share my thoughts, learn other people's thoughts, and get along with everyone here. :D

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #15,156 of 15,646
New member here, after being off the site for 18 months. My last purchase was a pair of Schiit Tyrs and had to lay off spending a while, as I had purchased a lot of gear and headphones as well as speakers.
Was tempted back in by a silver Mjolnir 3. I wasn’t going to buy one when they only came in black, but the silver matches all my other stuff.
Pray for my wallet that I can go another 18 months…

Dec 14, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #15,157 of 15,646
Yooo !

I'm just averange audio enjoyer from Poland :)

My "adventure" with audio started only few years ago with Headphones ISK HD9999 .
Tried few budget dac's and headphones meanwhile .
Right now I'm havin Audio Technica m50x with Dekoni Pads , Hifiman HE-R9.
My dac's - Creative E5 , Audio In Motion SC808.

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #15,158 of 15,646
Hello from Australia.

First post. Great site, awesome people. Passionate headphone user. Looking to sell off some equipment and maybe find a bargain or 2.

Dec 15, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #15,160 of 15,646
Hi my name's Alexander,
I got into this stuff about 2 years ago when I got my Bowers & Wilkins PI7s. Now i enjoy listening with my PI7 S2's or my Kinera Imperial Baldr's (custom fit) + ifi Hip Dac 3. Can't wait to get my first DAP!

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #15,161 of 15,646
Hello, I am also new to this website/forum.
I got into the headphone game a good 8 years ago or so. I have had a good amount of headphones over the years. Usually in the price range of $150-800. I also have had a few dac/amps as well. Currently using the Meze 109 Pro with a Apos balanced cable connected to the xDuoo TA-22 with JJ ECC82 / 12AU7 Gold Pin Preamp Vacuum Tube. I like neutral/warm headphones for the most part. Excited to look around on here for possibly a ZMF closed headphones for my record collection use.

- Ryan

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #15,165 of 15,646
been a quiet lurched for a will now starting a new headphone journey
Well CanJam NYC is coming in March 9,10 a great place for a headphone journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back